Ice Dance Prospects | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Prospects

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
And to complete this picture, C&P are now behind both H&Z and W&P. And half a point ahead of the Russians. :p Make of that what you will.

I thought they were okay. Low levels/invalid elements?

Is it me, or does the technical panel seem weird at this event?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I thought they were okay. Low levels/invalid elements?

Is it me, or does the technical panel seem weird at this event?

Don't know. Still it's only about one point difference between teams 3 to 6. Yes C&P was suppose to slighly run away with the bronze; it looks like they will have to do a solid FD now.
Interesting how close it is between D/W and P/B. Three points.

herios

Medalist
And to complete this picture, C&P are now behind both H&Z and W&P. And half a point ahead of the Russians. :p Make of that what you will.

C/P did a workmanlike routine and the marks shows it. Have no idea of their levels, but they didn't fill out the arena as I thought they did at SC, at least towards the end. On a positive note, Vanessa has a superb dress (nightblue/silver) for a change, so I would like to see those constant wardrobe critics stop mumbling about her dresses!

P/B and D/W were superb and completely in a different category.

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
Don't know. Still it's only about one point difference between teams 3 to 6. Yes C&P was suppose to slighly run away with the bronze; it looks like they will have to do a solid FD now.
Interesting how close it is between D/W and P/B. Three points.

??? I thought they would be even closer. P/B made huge improvements this year and every time they step on the ice their marks go up. They were having such a huge pattern (aka speed) in their GW that i think Fabian graced the boards with his skate.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
??? I thought they would be even closer. P/B made huge improvements this year and every time they step on the ice their marks go up. They were having such a huge pattern (aka speed) in their GW that i think Fabian grazed the boards with his skate.

I wondered about his closeness to the boards too. Does anyone know if this is Olympic sized ice?

herios

Medalist
C/P must have had lost some levels somewhere, they have even lower TES than the russians who had visible bobbles, while the canadians didn't have any.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:laugh: Gee.. I'm usually one of those costume critics... But help has come their way ! Thank you Costume fairy Godmother ! This was a lovely dress. They both looked good. Hope it's the beginning of a new trend.

I've always been a little leery of this dance for them..it doesn't have a very waltz-like feel, no matter how the meter breaks down , but whether or not that counted for anything with the panel, who knows ?

missysays

On the Ice
I don't think C/P got dinged for the lack of waltz-like feel in their program. Their PCS alone would have put them in third. But they got smacked down big time in the TES- wonder where the mistakes were??

Guess we'll have to wait for the protocols to come out.