Ladies - short program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - short program

alexeifan

On the Ice
Luckily I was able to figure out how to continue to watch the ladies short on my own. I agree that Mirai's sp wasn't that great music and choreographic wise, but she's still got her great layback/biellman. Glad to see her jumps and everything are still good after her injury. Hope she can get some better speed etc. as the season goes on.

euroskate

Final Flight
just watched nagasu. agree with most of what´s beeing said. the program is boring. it´s nice and she skates OK, but the special spark is missing. The best part is when she does the ina bauer into 2A.
hope to see some other vids too since i was not able to see the life stream

There was no WOW in this comp either. I've never been a Miki Ando fan, so I'll be quiet about her, but she is included among the non wow skaters.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I just watched Nagasu's SP on Universal sports. Good debut for her, she made an effort to express the music but somehow I felt last year's SP was better. She needs something a bit more fiery IMHO.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I just watched Nagasu's SP on Universal sports. Good debut for her, she made an effort to express the music but somehow I felt last year's SP was better. She needs something a bit more fiery IMHO.

Frank knows what he is doing. Mirai will skate to different styles of music heading into 2014. It's a learning experience, about growing and maturing as a skater and performer.

I really can't judge much coz both feeds I watched were so shaky.

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
Not loving Mirai's prg (well the music) but she should continue to skate to different types of music so good for her and for coming in first.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Frank knows what he is doing. Mirai will skate to different styles of music heading into 2014. It's a learning experience, about growing and maturing as a skater and performer.

I suppose there is something in that comment- but I think that happens by default, it comes with experience. To really bring the house down you have to find something that suits your style. Although I suppose if there's any time to experiment, that time would be now.

fairly4

Medalist
mirai was slow and laboured, she should have gotten an edge call on her lutz and ur. but she did show more emotion 2nd half. and was choppy--not flowing.
miki was okay but her 2nd triple on the triple looked a bit ur.

Last edited:

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Mirai edge on her lutz looked good to me. Her flip was ur however. And she didn't look slow or labored, if you consider the choppiness of the video,not as fast as I have seen her before, but it is the first comp of the season for her and she has lots of time to improve.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
What's with the low scores? Not a score over 60, Miki does a sick 3lz-3lo and gets a 56, and 3 of the 11 competitors scored below 40? Seems too low, I know there's no more spiral sequence, but the scores still seem low. Men's too.

R.D.

Record Breaker
What's with the low scores? Not a score over 60, Miki does a sick 3lz-3lo and gets a 56, and 3 of the 11 competitors scored below 40? Seems too low, I know there's no more spiral sequence, but the scores still seem low. Men's too.

Yuna is NOT in the building, that's why! ;)

Last edited:

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
My thoughts on the top 3:

Miki: Yay, 3Lz+3Lo! I think she did great. The 3Lo and 3F must have been underrotated. But overall I think it was a nice performance, and I really like the program, although it still needs some work.

Mirai: I really like the program, it's a much more mature style for her. Her spins were lovely as always.

Akiko: Too bad about the 3Lz. The program is nice, I can't wait to see it develope throughout the season!

I was so surprised to see Kwak so low in the standings!

:eek:

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow!

burntBREAD

Medalist

Didn't GOE get changed with the new rules? That could be another reason

FTnoona

Final Flight
I just watched Mirai's SP and I she does slower than last year at worlds. I wouldn't say that she looks slow slow. I think she looked faster than most ladies that already skated in the GP. I wonder if Miki's jumps were downgraded because her TES is 3-4 points behind Mirai and Akiko's TES.