Ladies - short program | Golden Skate

Ladies - short program

Andalusia

Final Flight
:eek:Miki looks in AMAZING shape!!! :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G42qHKN7uhc

Then again she always does in practice Go Miki & Mirai!!

How do we solve a problem like Miki? Always looks amazing in practice with perfect 3Lz-3Ls, but then does a lot of watering down in competition. Just for once I'd like to see her hit everything that she's capable of.

Shame we couldn't catch any glimpse of Mirai doing jumps in that clip.

ordinary person

On the Ice
There's no competition for the top figure skaters here,pretty boring,it's too predictable who's going to win.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm so glad I finished my work earlier so I could stay up late for the ladies & especially the Mens Sps. :)

Watching the first group warm up...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Who's the young lady in the beautiful white swan lake ballet-like dress? Lovely.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice skate by the lovely young tiny Chinese girl. Purple dress looks good on her. 3L/2T good, as well as the single 3T?, and her 2A technique is the same as Caroline Zhang's going into it. Loved the one-foot fw. 51.09 pts. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, 16 yr. old Zhu's long classical lines is perfect for this Nutcracker piece, but too bad about the fall on the 2A and the doubled planned triple. Still, I really enjoyed this piece. Brought back memories of seeing the premiere danseurs of the Chinese State Ballet perform "Swan Lake" at Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's wedding to Daniel Westling this past summer on June 19th, 2010. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Too bad about the fall on the opening 3L & later on the fall on the spiral into 2A, but good job with the 3S/2T. This piece of music "Canon in D" alway reminds me of Peggy Fleming, she owns this piece. If you haven't already seen Peggy skate to this piece, you need to do so in the video "Memories on Ice". :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
An American girl just skated but I missed her name, she skated to Claire de Lune by Debussy. She reminds me of Debbie Thomas of the USA (aka Olympic Bronze Medalist in 1988). Too bad about the fall on the 2A and the turnout on the triple jump, but she should be in first imho. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hand down on 3/2 combo. by Diane of Canada, and turned a planned triple into a double, but good comeback with a low 2A. She seemed kinda slow, but good effort.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Okay, that it's, first group done, one group to go. :) Six minute warmup commences.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO MIRAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!