Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - short program

Custom Title
    Leonova did two flips?

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow, Wow, Wow, miki needs a Harley Davidson.

Luckily I was able to figure out how to continue to watch the ladies short on my own. I agree that Mirai's sp wasn't that great music and choreographic wise, but she's still got her great layback/biellman. Glad to see her jumps and everything are still good after her injury. Hope she can get some better speed etc. as the season goes on.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Here's a Youtube video for Mirai: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XBauNOXsMY
    Low quality, but oh well. Not in love with the program... yet. It has potential, though.

Flip was definitely <<

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Here's a Youtube video for Mirai: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XBauNOXsMY
    Low quality, but oh well. Not in love with the program... yet. It has potential, though.

Flip was definitely <<
    I'm not sure about <<, since that is a 90 degree underrotation; it very likely was <, though

Custom Title
    just watched nagasu. agree with most of what´s beeing said. the program is boring. it´s nice and she skates OK, but the special spark is missing. The best part is when she does the ina bauer into 2A.
    hope to see some other vids too since i was not able to see the life stream

There was no WOW in this comp either. I've never been a Miki Ando fan, so I'll be quiet about her, but she is included among the non wow skaters.

Down With It
    I just watched Nagasu's SP on Universal sports. Good debut for her, she made an effort to express the music but somehow I felt last year's SP was better. She needs something a bit more fiery IMHO.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I'm not sure about <<, since that is a 90 degree underrotation; it very likely was <, though
    Maybe it was the clunky landing. I re-watched on a better quality video. You're right. It was probably just <

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I just watched Nagasu's SP on Universal sports. Good debut for her, she made an effort to express the music but somehow I felt last year's SP was better. She needs something a bit more fiery IMHO.
    Frank knows what he is doing. Mirai will skate to different styles of music heading into 2014. It's a learning experience, about growing and maturing as a skater and performer.

I really can't judge much coz both feeds I watched were so shaky.
    Last edited by janetfan; 11-05-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Custom Title
    Not loving Mirai's prg (well the music) but she should continue to skate to different types of music so good for her and for coming in first.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Frank knows what he is doing. Mirai will skate to different styles of music heading into 2014. It's a learning experience, about growing and maturing as a skater and performer.
    I suppose there is something in that comment- but I think that happens by default, it comes with experience. To really bring the house down you have to find something that suits your style. Although I suppose if there's any time to experiment, that time would be now.

Custom Title
    mirai was slow and laboured, she should have gotten an edge call on her lutz and ur. but she did show more emotion 2nd half. and was choppy--not flowing.
    miki was okay but her 2nd triple on the triple looked a bit ur.
    Last edited by fairly4; 11-05-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Mirai edge on her lutz looked good to me. Her flip was ur however. And she didn't look slow or labored, if you consider the choppiness of the video,not as fast as I have seen her before, but it is the first comp of the season for her and she has lots of time to improve.
    Last edited by cjsk8fan; 11-05-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Custom Title
    What's with the low scores? Not a score over 60, Miki does a sick 3lz-3lo and gets a 56, and 3 of the 11 competitors scored below 40? Seems too low, I know there's no more spiral sequence, but the scores still seem low. Men's too.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast