Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Men - short program

Custom Title
    Oh, my! Joubert was behind Kozuka? I hope Joubert could skate better in LP and win this competition. I like Kozuka's skating but his SP music seems, in most part, un-related to his skating.

Custom Title
    Kozuka got level 4's on his spins, while Joubert only got levels 1 and 2 for his spins and steps, according to the [URL="http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,4844-128590-19728-18885-311287-3787-4771-layout160-129898-news-item,00.html"]ISU report[/URL].

Custom Title
    I'm very late watching CoC (waking up at 2 does not work for me at all!). I finally watched mens sp.

As stated before, the first half of the comp had some interesting choreography, so it pays to watch the entire comp sometimes.

Kozuka: that was so boring, yet I still love watching him. I just wish he was more extroverted, or at least pretend.

Joubert: When I heard that they both were doing flamenco during the summer, I figure Jeremy's would be more subtle and Joubert's would be... definitely not subtle. As it turns out, I like the macho flamenco more than the subtle one. I also noticed the ninja moves, which made me laugh every time.

Verner: he is so charming!!!! I love almost every program he has done, this just continues his streak.

Mroz: His look just doesn't work. He looks like a Joubert clone, but has programs that look so outdated and would suit a more classic skater. His physique, costume, and choreography seems so mismatched that it makes for a very confusing SP. Essentially, I don't understand who he is from the way he skates (as opposed to the previous 3 men mentioned above, they show their personality in their skating)

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    Kozuka got level 4's on his spins, while Joubert only got levels 1 and 2 for his spins and steps, according to the [URL="http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,4844-128590-19728-18885-311287-3787-4771-layout160-129898-news-item,00.html"]ISU report[/URL].
    nothing wrong there. Kozuka's better at those... Joubert needs to take a chance and push himself in those areas.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    The level requirements are ridiculous. If you do a spin with a difficult variation it's still only Level 1. You have to do 2 variations to get to Level 2. Joubert got no credit for the variations he did since others weren't counted. I understand why (his variation in the upright spin didn't count as "difficult" and his difficult variation in the Change-of-Foot spin goes too, thus becoming an "intermediate position", which only counts in combination spins) but it's still mainly just arbitrary rule nonsense. Spins should be scored mostly on GOE value.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    The level requirements are ridiculous. If you do a spin with a difficult variation it's still only Level 1. You have to do 2 variations to get to Level 2. Joubert got no credit for the variations he did since others weren't counted. I understand why (his variation in the upright spin didn't count as "difficult" and his difficult variation in the Change-of-Foot spin goes too, thus becoming an "intermediate position", which only counts in combination spins) but it's still mainly just arbitrary rule nonsense. Spins should be scored mostly on GOE value.
    your post is just bulls**t. joubert is just not felxible enough for doing really difficult positions. he should also work on his general positions.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Oh please. Joubert has gotten ALL Level 4's on his spins in past performances. He's hardly incapable of increasing his levels, the judges simply didn't credit him for the variations he did at this competition.

Joubert's speed, centering, and general positions are not bad. He didn't deserve to get hammered on his spins. It speaks to the fault in the way spins are scored. Levels should be worth less and GOE should be worth more. Quality over cramming in positions that are only there to satisfy a rather arbitrary rule.

Custom Title

Exclamation

Oh please. Joubert has gotten ALL Level 4's on his spins in past performances. He's hardly incapable of increasing his levels, the judges simply didn't credit him for the variations he did at this competition.

Joubert's speed, centering, and general positions are not bad. He didn't deserve to get hammered on his spins.
    what you write is just not true. First it´s not the judges who give the levels - it´s the technical penal. and sorry, but i cannot see a single feature he did not get credit for in THIS short program. maybe he can do it, but he clearly didn´t show it in THIS short programm. on the contrary he is lucky that he received any level for the combo and the change sit because there was NO clear upright spin in the combo - just the final wind up wich is normaly not counting - and in the change sit spin he was quite on the boarder of beeing to high - especially in the difficult position he was trying. I saw the program and I know the rules. there was nothing wrong with the decision of the technical panel in this short program

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Oh please. Joubert has gotten ALL Level 4's on his spins in past performances.
    did he really?Are you sure? I always though the last few seasons, he got level two with sometimes level 3 at best.

Custom Title
    I think Joubert got level 4 on spins when they were inflating his scores. I don't think his spins are anywhere near a 4 imo.

Joubert: When I heard that they both were doing flamenco during the summer, I figure Jeremy's would be more subtle and Joubert's would be... definitely not subtle. As it turns out, I like the macho flamenco more than the subtle one. I also noticed the ninja moves, which made me laugh every time.
    I use to enjoy Joubert's programs but now the moves that he does just makes me laugh.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I use to enjoy Joubert's programs but now the moves that he does just makes me laugh.
    That's sad. I hate the one finger pointing move in this SP. There were so many in this choreograph.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 11-08-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Custom Title

Joubert's speed, centering, and general positions are not bad. He didn't deserve to get hammered on his spins. It speaks to the fault in the way spins are scored. Levels should be worth less and GOE should be worth more. Quality over cramming in positions that are only there to satisfy a rather arbitrary rule.
    2010 Worlds SP: two level 4, 1 level three
    2010 Worlds LP: two level 4, 1 level one
    2010 Olympics SP: two level 4, 1 level three
    2010 Olympics LP: two level 4, 1 level three
    2010 Euros SP: Three level 4*
    2010 Euros LP:two level 4, 1 level three
    2009 NHK SP: two level 4, one level 2
    2009 NHK LP: two level 4, one level 2
    2009 TEB SP: two level 3, one level 2
    2009 TEB LP: two level 3, one level 1
    2009 WTT SP: three level 3
    2009 WTT LP: one each: level 3, 2, 1
    2009 Worlds SP: two level 4, 1 level three
    2009 Worlds LP: two level 3, 1 level one

It's usually his footwork that gets marked down, but he's had one straight level four performance in 14 previous competitions.

Tripping on the Podium
    I don't get why he did that same spin with no change in position in the long program when he wasn't getting the points for it in the short program. Was it that special of a position?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7