Men - short program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men - short program

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gorgeous 3A, 3L/3T, and 3F by Ross Miner of the USA! *clapping* And love the inside outside spread eagle and the attitude position. Nice spins as well. Good job, Good job! :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love this blues number by Liebers of Germany, nice change of pace. Too bad about the fall on the 3A, but good 3/3 combo. and 3L. My favorite part was the variation on the stag jump, ah wish I could've taken a picture of it! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, Wu of China has cat-like feet like Zhenya! :) I thought he was going to fall on his opening 3/2 combo, and the same tilt can be seen on his 3A, unfortunately came down on both feet. :( But nice & high 3R jump! Good job, good job. :)^)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Best 3A I've seen thus far by Machida of Japan (huge!), and nice follow-up with 3/2 combo., but UR & two-footed his 3L jump. Lol, I was so entranced by the big beautiful glittery lavendar rose he has on the left side of his black pants that I almost missed everything else. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
1st group over, Ross Miner of USA leading thus far by 1 pt. over Machida of Japan. 6 minute warmup commences! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sad to see the rink practically empty. :( Watching Mroz of the USA, as IIRC he has quads in his arsenal! But I also recall he's not that consistent with them either....

Kozuka looks nice & lively. :)^)

Contesti dressed up in like a conductor or waiter, complete with tail, lol.

Verner looks GORGEOUS in that silk baby blue vest & tie to go along with pink tie & his blonde hair (and khaki colored pants).

OMG, my first flash of Joubert, he looks magnificent in black & silver!

WARMUP OVER!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry not really concentrating on Brandon's performance because the entire time I was trying to figure out whom used that piece of music at the very beginning, then it hit me! 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist in Ladies All-Around in Gymnastics Lilia Podkopayeva, that music is her signature piece, the floor routine outstanding!!!!

Okay, back to Brandon, IIRC he fell out of his 3A jump, but I think the rest of the jumps were shaky, but done...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Voronoz of Russia had a shakey landing on his opening 4S, huge 3A!, and equally good 3R. :) But that's all I recall, I wasn't very impressed with anything but his jumps.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, this should easily go into 1 place! :clap: LOOOOOOOOOOVE this Soul Man Medley routine by Kozuka, perfect vehicle for him, fully into the character, cool man cool! *wears sunglasses* :)^)

Gorgeous opening 4/3 combo., great dance steps, everything GORGEOUS!!!!! :clap:

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
I didn't care very much for Kozuka's program from an artistic standpoint (and found his performance a bit underwhelming), but clearly he deserves to be in 1st so far after that one.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Kozuka did a 4-3???!!
I m behind in the feed, watching Voronov now.
Edit: and he is not good, Morozov did him no favors with this look and program.

Last edited: