Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pairs - short program

Custom Title

Pairs - short program

Warm-Up Group 1
    1 Kaleigh HOLE / Adam JOHNSON (CAN)
    2 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG (USA)
    3 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE (RUS)
    4 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / John COUGHLIN (USA)

Warm-Up Group 2
    5 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU (CHN)
    6 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)
    7 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Yannick KOCON (ITA)
    8 Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN)

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2010/SEG005.HTM

I presume interest will be on the Chinese teams, with a nod to the 2 Americans if there was improvment. Also that Russian team might sneak in there.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Nobody watched pairs???
    I so liked the chinese Sui / Han and the russians!

Whippet Good!
    What were Sui/Han's deductions? They are so close to Pang/Tong even with those deductions!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    What were Sui/Han's deductions? They are so close to Pang/Tong even with those deductions!
    they both fell. really strange fall, it wasn't during one of required elements.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    They both fell, on the transitions.

Yank and Cough really improved. They will be in the last half of the LP.

Pang and Tong were not at their best. Maybe it's another 'held up' based on previsous record and eletism.

Wu and Dong looked good to me.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Nobody watched pairs???
    I so liked the chinese Sui / Han and the russians!
    The scores were a joke. The components scores were even bigger joke. Americans and Russians should have been first and second, in any order, and only after them Pong&Tong. Chinese kids are still kids, look like kids and skate like kids, no way they deserve the component scores as high as Ilushechkina or Yankovskas with partners.
    Last edited by LLLLutz; 11-05-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Whippet Good!
    Home field advantage?

I wish the Americans' did better, although good for Y/C! I wish Keuna hadn't quit. :(

Custom Title
    I'll need to see the protocols... I'm wondering why Iliushechkina & Maisuradze are in 4th instead of 2nd. Yes, they finished after the music and had a little shakiness on some of the elements (and a noticable stumble in the choreography). But I would have put them ahead of Sui and Han who had to count two falls during their choreography. Heck, I would have put the Russians in 1st, but Pang and Tong are the more sophisticated team, despite the errors. I'm okay with them having a very slight lead.

I'm also surprised Sui & Han could generate such high TES with only SBS 2A. They definitely benefit from doing the throw triple flip. They are still very juniorish, but they do sell the program pretty well.

Yankowskas & Coughlin had another solid short program... They've been skating clean shorts for years. It's the LP where they often come undone. I'm assuming they're focused mainly on consistency, but doing only a throw triple sal in the SP can't help their scoring potential much. I like their SP overall though... It's calm, and it masks some of their weaknesses.

The pairs scores are low again this week, but the scores are very close and there should be a pretty decent battle for the medals.
    Last edited by gold12345; 11-05-2010 at 09:07 AM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    I'll need to see the protocols... I'm wondering why Iliushechkina & Maisuradze are in 4th instead of 2nd. Yes, they finished after the music and had a little shakiness on some of the elements (and a noticable stumble in the choreography).
    Most probably, she UR her 3toe. Still, presentation wise, they should have got the highest components scores.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by LLLLutz View Post
    The scores were a joke. The components scores were even bigger joke. Americans and Russians should have been first and second, in any order, and only after them Pong&Tong. Chinese kids are still kids, look like kids and skate like kids, no way they deserve the component scores as high as Ilushechkina or Yankovskas with partners.
    Your comment is the joke, actually.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by hybfc View Post
    Your comment is the joke, actually.
    Yours is even funnier ))

Custom Title
    I'm going to agree that S/H benefited from skating at home.

They're a cute team with good presentation, no doubt about it. Their program has interesting transitions. But they are very young, and it showed. Their program really lacked maturity, unison (esp. in the footwork) and her basics need quite a bit of work. I would have had them much closer to Y/C and I/M. Actually, I'd have them 4th, but all 4 teams close in score. Y/C and I/M have better skating skills than Sui/Han; the latter have a program with really good transitions and Y/C had a good skate that was quite elegant though not exactly my favorite of the night.

P/T were a mess.

There is absolutely no way that Evora/Ladwig deserve lower PCS than Dong/Wu.

Y/C have a really good shot at the US National title in pairs this year.

Also, re: Sui/Han, they better hope she doesn't grow, as he's quite short, and she's still very tiny.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    There is absolutely no way that Evora/Ladwig deserve lower PCS than Dong/Wu.
    I haven't even seen it yet and I agree with this statement. Happy they skated pretty well for their international debut but their PCS scores were awfully disappointing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast