Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pairs - short program

Universal Sports is broadcasting the short right now (TV)! Caitlyn and John improved over NHK! Can't wait to see what they do at Nationals this year!

Custom Title
    Sui/Han did 3FTh and 3Twist

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    How in the world did Pang/Tong win that SP?! I counted 5 noticeable errors and would have had them down in 5th place. Ewww, the Patrick Chan of pairs skating! Why is no one jumping on the Chinese skating federation the way they did Skate Canada over the Patrick Chan gross over-scoring? At least Chan wasn't allowed to win the SP the way P/T did. P/T were . . . unbelievably bad!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-05-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Custom Title
    I guess I'll watch pang and tong later. I'm not interested in them so I didn't watch. I don't know why they have never impressed me. S/Z were it for me of the Chinese pairs. Maybe someone similar will come along again some day

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    How in the world did Pang/Tong win that SP?! I counted 5 noticeable errors and would have had them down in 5th place. Ewww, the Patrick Chan of pairs skating! Why is no one jumping on the Chinese skating federation the way they did Skate Canada over the Patrick Chan gross over-scoring? At least Chan wasn't allowed to win the SP the way P/T did. P/T were . . . unbelievably bad!
    None of the errors really affected the performance unlike Chan's multiple falls though. I would still have them in first place but the point difference should be smaller IMO.

Custom Title
    Here's Pang and Tong's SP in case the link has not been posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdHmfelQYI

It wasn't great - but I must say that I really love this SP. What i'm skeptical about is the pairs side by side spin at the end; if they can nail that, it will be a nice touch, but it has been sooooooo long since pairs reguarly are in synche with side by side spins that I have found myself just expecting them to be, well, out of unison and unappealing. Still have to watch everyone else except E/L whose SP I also like and see a lot of potential. I liked her dress a lot too. Thanks for all the commentary thus far!

Rinkside
    Yes, they benifit from skating at home. Every team would enjoy the benefit and they are no exception. Anyway, their program needs more refinement,but still looks choregraphy now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3