I May Be Moving | Golden Skate

I May Be Moving

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what a time for things like this to happen. I've been stressing the last few months over my living arrangements. I currently live with my aunt to help with living expenses while I took classes and then tried to save up money to go out on my own... (yes all the while taking vacations because I could lol)

Well, now my aunt and her soon to be husband (don't get me started on that drama) are planning to be out of Alaska by the end of next summer. Which means my butt is going to be on the street if I don't figure something out.

The other day while I was searching on a complete whim (read: bored out of my mind) I looked on craigslist for listings in Kenai/Soldotna (I grew up in Kenai, family is all still there, and it's only 3 hours from where I am now). I found a house on the Kenai River that was up for lease/rent. The Kenai River is the largest river on the Peninsula and is famous world wide. Real Estate is EXPENSIVE on the river. Plus it's fully furnished, all utilities are covered by the owner, snow removal is included, satellite tv, phone, internet, the whole kit and kaboodle!

It was a long shot but I asked my dad to check it out.

We assumed Rent would be close to 3000 a month.

Yeah cut it in half... we were shocked this morning when the lady called dad back with that info. Dad talked to her again this afternoon and she has a couple of other people interested (so she says anyway, right?) so dad called me to see how serious I was.

I just said I'm very serious. :eek: So now he's looking at the property tomorrow and talking with my potential roommate (I hadn't gotten her to say yes, but dad is more persuasive). It's a three bedroom place and it could possibly be just me and her (and her baby) or me, her (and baby), and her sister.

OMG. What am I getting myself into?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, no roommate at this point, but decided to put in an application. Now we wait...

seniorita

Record Breaker
Toni I think I hadnt figured out where you live exactly up until now (well I knew the continent) until you wrote snow removal service and I thought, where is this needed as a standard service?:jaw:The N, Pole? One of these days I will google map this place:biggrin:
It is exciting to have a new home which sounds a perfect place by the way, kinda of shocked with 3000 dollars rent, that's more than my month income:laugh:
All exciting stuff are happening this month for you!:hb:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Seniorita - the Kenai Peninsula is in South Central Alaska. It's not as harsh a climate in summer or winter. Snow removal is the standard 'plowing/shovelling' of snow off the driveway/walk way. Nothing too extreme :)

BTW.... I GOT THE HOUSE! I move in, in December. Now I need a job haha.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We assumed Rent would be close to 3000 a month.

Toni, if you lived in Omaha and paid $3,000 a month rent you would be living in the richest part of Omaha and in the best place. I just about had a heart attack when you said that.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni, if you lived in Omaha and paid $3,000 a month rent you would be living in the richest part of Omaha and in the best place. I just about had a heart attack when you said that.

it's the same in AK... I am paying HALF that... less than half, actually... for a fully furnished, all utilities paid for, house.

Wicked

Final Flight
Toni, congrats on the house. Sounds like what you're getting yourself deeper into is that pesky life condition called adulthood! One of the great benefits of this condition is that you get to make decisions like this! Congratulations again! The house sounds lovely.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
weel considering I wore out my video tape of Mary Martin in Peter Pan, I am having a very hard time dealing with the idea of adulthood, though I have embrassed getting "older" (considering my bff called me on her bday this year sobbing for two hours about turning 26, i find my attitude an amazing thing haha.)

Wicked

Final Flight
I may be saying this because I had a lousy childhood, but I think adulthood and getting older is great! I keep telling my niece and nephew (teens) who complain about having to grow up, "But you get to control your own money!" That makes 'em think for a minute.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wow so many typos in my last post. Ugh! lol

I do enjoy adulthood. I get to travel and control my own destiny in a way... but the added responsibities stresses me out lol