Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sectionals/Challenge Discussion

Tripping on the Podium
    I can't seem to get all the results from senior ladies from their respective sections...has anyone compiled a list of the ladies moving on to challenge? Merci.

Custom Title
    Thanks for adding the correction. Therefore there are 5 out of 18 spots taken in Men.

Both Purich/Schultz and Steele/Schultz are entered in junior, according to the entries for the Alberta section (in post #2) and WOS (post #4). Therefore I guess there will be two fewer open spots in juniors, but the open spots in senior pairs should remain at six.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    I can't seem to get all the results from senior ladies from their respective sections...has anyone compiled a list of the ladies moving on to challenge? Merci.
    It's my opinion that Skate Canada needs a new webmaster. Basic stuff like even the results from sections are not posted. What is behind the results links turns about to be random links to regional websites--even if the regional sites have their results up, (as Eastern Ontario does), the link doesn't take you there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    I don't even try to do this as there are many sections with 4 or fewer skaters at the senior level ( 8 in the case of Quebec ). In those sections where there are not enough skaters to eliminate anybody at sectionals, those skaters don't even have to show up.

Those skaters do have the right to compete in another section as a guest and many skaters do this.

The other problem is that many sections won't list those skaters who go to challenge by default ( not enough entries in that section to eliminate anyone).

I would wait until the challenge entries are up for the seniors at least.

Custom Title
    Results for Manitoba are up now too, at http://www.mbskates.ca/Competition.html. There were no senior competitors for this section. (Arotta/Nickel are registered as guests for the Western Ontario sectionals.)

Results are not yet posted for the sectionals from Northern Ontario (other than medallists), Alberta or the combined New Brunswick/Nova Scotia/PEI event, or if they are I haven't found them.

Custom Title
    Results for the NB/NS/PEI joint section are up, at http://www.skatenb.org/events_detail...08b035a6405914.

They are listed as a series of pdfs on the bottom half of the page.

ETA: Results for the Northern Ontario section have also been posted, at http://www.scno.net/viewpage.php?page_id=49
    Last edited by geoskate; 11-12-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Custom Title
    The BC sectionals are being livestreamed by Skatebuzz (www.skatebuzz.ca). Click on skateTV (on the top) and select Skate Canada sectionals on the left hand side of the menu. Then click on 'play now' on the right side of the screen. The schedule for the BC sectionals is here (all times PST).

I plan to watch the novice free dances tomorrow. They were great at BC Skate in summer - free dances about Kermit the Frog, the Wizard of Oz, etc.

Custom Title
    That should be a good event. Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe are turning out amazing pre-novices and novices. Canadian ice dancing quality just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Custom Title
    The results for the BC sectionals are now complete, and are posted at this link.

In addition, archived coverage of the sectionals is online at Skatebuzz.

On the Ice
    I think the only section not to post their results yet is Alberta.

Custom Title
    and now Alberta, too, is up, at http://www.skateabnwtnun.com/com/10-...ults/index.htm.

Newfoundland/Labrador results are at http://www.skating.nf.ca/?p=2174#more-2174 (bottom half of the page). The pair teams only skated an exhibition.

I haven't been able to find Saskatchewan results yet, though. Maybe someone else can see where they are on the website.

I don't remember if the WOS link has been posted already in this thread. If no, the results for Western Ontario are here.
    Last edited by geoskate; 11-15-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Custom Title
    Saskatchewan results are up, at this link. The sectionals portion is about halfway down the page.

That means that all the sectional results are now done, I think.

Custom Title
    Here's an attempt. There are almost certainly some missing entries, but this is a starting point:

BC:
    1. Devon Neuls
    2. Rika Inoda
    3. Jacqueline Leniuk
    4. Cambria Little

Alberta:
    1. Dallas Daniel
    2. Devon Kippen
    3. Jessica-Amy Sergeant
    4. Lindsey Woodcock

Saskatchewan:
    1. Stacey Rude
    2. Nicole Watt

Manitoba:
    1. Kate Charbonneau - did not compete at sectionals; has bye to Challenge due to JGP

Northern Ontario:
    1. Mariane Laporte

Central Ontario:
    1. Adriana Desanctis
    2. Eri Nishimura
    3. Stefani Marotta
    Plus probably Alexandra Najarro, assuming she will compete senior (bye due to JGP assignment),

Western Ontario
    1. Rylie McCulloch-Casara
    2. Daniela-Bela Favot
    3. Meghan Dwyer
    4. Anastasia Gasbarrini

Eastern Ontario:
    1. Dana Zhalko-Tytarenko
    2. Alexandrine Chong

Quebec;
    1. Vanessa Grenier (has bye to Challenge due to JGP, so 9 entries from Quebec)
    2. Sarah Jourdain
    3. Izabel Valiquette
    4. Rachel Gendron
    5. Karine Chevrier
    6. Jacinthe Brodeur
    7. Erika Tisluck
    8. Justine Remillard
    9. Andree-Anne Levesque (9th, but qualifies because of Vanessa Grenier's bye to Challenge)
    10. Jessica Dubé - bye (thanks for the correction)

NB/NS/PEI:
    1. Kelsey McNeil

If my math is correct, that means there should be 33 entries in Challenge.

Byes to Canadians due to Grand Prix Assignments and/or medallists last year at Canadians: Amélie Lacoste, Cynthia Phaneuf, Myriane Samson, Diane Szmiett. That means that there are 14 open positions to be filled from Challenge.

Please let me know about any errors or omissions.
    Last edited by geoskate; 11-18-2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Adding Jessica Dubé as entry - thanks.

On the Ice
    Doesn't Jessica Dube get a bye to Challenge from Que Sectionals which would make 10 from Que?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatie View Post
    Doesn't Jessica Dube get a bye to Challenge from Que Sectionals which would make 10 from Que?
    She is listed on the Quebec web site as being part of the senior womens teams so yes that would make 10 going to Challenge.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast