Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

What a shame Kwak falls so many times. I don't see her being the next yuna but she has nice things about her. It's funny how she and yuna seem to have a similar expression when they laugh.
    Last edited by alexeifan; 11-06-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Custom Title
    Can't get over how much I really really like this newcomer from the USA, Amanda Dobbs, she's my favorite newcomer thus far! *clapping* Presentation, poise, posture, jumps, she has everything! Lol, now I can't recall the jumps except they were great, only one fall on the 3F.

Custom Title
    Dobbs fell on an UR 3F and stepped out (almost fell) of another jump, but has the most speed and flow so far. I also know she landed a 3T and 3T+2T+2Lo.

Custom Title
    Oops, sorry about the mistake on Kwak, yes, I just now looked over at the ISU site and it states she's from KOR. Btw, only using last names when I the first names are too long & hard for me to remember, thanks for understanding.

And Amanda Dobbs goes into 1st place by a HUGE margin, rightfully deserved, rightfully deserved!!!!!

ps. now that I recall I thought people were talking about an Amanda keeping in pairs also? Is this her?

I think Kristine had a really nice skate it was beautiful despite the jumps issues. She seems to have a lot of potential.

Custom Title
    Thanks for that oleada! Yes, now I recall the beautiful 3/2/2/ she did. Her 3S are gorgeous!

Just saw Suzuki's dress on IN, it reminds me of a wedding dress, I wonder what she will be skating to?

1 minute remaining in warmup.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    I think Kristine had a really nice skate it was beautiful despite the jumps issues. She seems to have a lot of potential.
    I disagree. She is a lovely skater with a great figure...but not a figure that is in anyway helpful towards landing jumps. She's lost all her jumps thanks to the puberty monster. The only triple she rotated was the 3T.

I think Dobbs is a great skater too, not so sure about this music choice however as Kwan was so legendary with it and then to skate in the same color blue dress maybe not the best idea but she is skating well to the music. Just to hard to measure up to the kwan tho.

Oh and the spiral is in just bout the same timing and some of the same footwork in the same place as kwan.:sheesh:
    Last edited by alexeifan; 11-06-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Custom Title
    Amanda Dobbs (USA)

3T
    3F (fall, such as in Finlandia)
    2A
    3S (hand down)
    3T-2T-2Lo
    3S-2T
    2A

Custom Title
    Amanda might end up sticking to pairs in the end, what with her solid lower end jumps and not so much going on with the harder tech content.

Custom Title
    Joshi from Sweden has one of the best long classic glides into her gorgeous opening 3L! But fell on 2nd one. Good comeback with the nice & high 3R, and did a 3/2/2 combo. (last part of it looked to be UR). And a little shakey on the rest of her jumps. Also, it looked like her 2A was slightly twofooted & possibly UR and then turns in between into 2T. Nice job, nice job.

Custom Title
    Helgesson did not fall, it was a hand down.

Custom Title
    Goes into 2nd place.

Custom Title
    Fall on one triple jump by Leonova from Russia, shakey landings on most, my favorite part is where she pretends to laugh. :D She has such a frenetic quality to her skating that it's hard for me to appreciate the moves that she does because they are over in a blink of an eye & then she's on to something else.

Custom Title
    Sorry about saying she fell. :( I've decided not to keep track of any jumps, just appreciate the skating from here on in.

Leonova goes into 1 st place.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast