Ladies - LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

alexeifan

On the Ice
Another skater skating to kwan's music. This one's a little better than the Dobb's interpretation and to think I almost took a refrig break on her.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now I understand the concept of the dress because she's skating to Fiddler on the Roof (btw speaking about Suzuki of Japan). Some shakey landings on jumps & a few pops, but no falls. My only complaint lose the tights over the boots look, makes your legs look extra clunky & knockneed, otherwise, fine, especially from waist up looks fab! :)

alexeifan

On the Ice
GORGEOUS program from ANDO!!! So much more maturity than the others and she's so confident in her jumps, one of the best programs this season.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Injury obviously still playing havoc with Mirai's jumps. :( Gorgeous opening 3L/2T/2T combo., but then popped a 2A, fell on one jump, UR the 3F & the second 3L, but easily the best spinner out there! Also, I loved this LP more than the SP in terms of choreography, music, dress, et al, can't wait to see it skated clean!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO MIRAI!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
4th place for Mirai, sounds right, when she's on she easily beats everybody out there, but when she's not. :(

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I woke up in time to see the last 3 skaters, but only half of Miki's skate. Mirai seemed a little slower than normal.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Results:
1 Miki ANDO (JPN) 172.21
2 Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) 162.86
3 Alena LEONOVA (RUS) 148.61
4 Mirai NAGASU (USA) 146.23
5 Bingwa GENG (CHN) 142.48
6 Amanda DOBBS (USA) 132.45
7 Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) 131.40
8 Kristine MUSADEMBA (USA) 119.45
9 Min-Jeong KWAK (KOR) 113.98
10 Diane SZMIETT (CAN) 95.43

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for the PBP, everyone. So what does that make the final overall standings? The ISU site doesn't have the final placings posted yet.

Sorry Mirai had a disappointing LP but happy for Miki!

ETA: Okay now ISU's got it. Ando, Suzuki, Leonova, Nagasu. Mirai 26 points off Miki overall, and Akiko almost 10 points back for second.

Last edited:

Kissx3

Final Flight
Yeah great choreography, music, dress, just a rough skate. The race to the top for the US ladies looks even more interesting now, although I know this result is probably tempered by the recent injury.

Mirai skated a 9 point routine. If, in her next GP she skates a 15 point routine, she will have a total of 24 points. Is that enough to get her into the Finals?

It's too early to figure out the magic number for getting into the Final, but from past showings, 24 could do it. Her next outing will be in Paris where the competition is not fierce, so she could win it, unless Czisny is on a roll. Less than a win in Paris will make it all that tougher for Mirai.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Mirai skated a 9 point routine. If, in her next GP she skates a 15 point routine, she will have a total of 24 points. Is that enough to get her into the Finals?

It's too early to figure out the magic number for getting into the Final, but from past showings, 24 could do it. Her next outing will be in Paris where the competition is not fierce, so she could win it, unless Czisny is on a roll. Less than a win in Paris will make it all that tougher for Mirai.

Yep, historically, 15+9 has always gotten into the final because it beats 13+11 (because the first tie breaker are the skaters' highest finishes out of their events).

Also, looks like her 2A+2T got no credit. Anybody know why?

oleada

Record Breaker
Also, looks like her 2A+2T got no credit. Anybody know why?

Too many combinations. After falling on the 3F, my guess is that she added the 2T to the 2A without thinking that her 3F would be called as 3F+seq since she'd already done two flips.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oops, one more thing I wanted to say, the crowd was HUGE, and appreciative!!!!! :) :clap:

Lol, when Geng skated it seemed like they skated right along with her, ooohing & aaahing, etc. :D

And I forgot to say how much I appreciated Kristine from USA's long held spiral, reminiscent of the old days, made me nostalgic.

And Frank Carroll looked unhappy whilst Mirai was completing her 3R/2T combo. :(

I still say Amanda Dobbs has a very bright future if she sticks with singles, but then again I would love American Pairs to finally go somewhere, so if she can find a partner as good as her I would love to see her in pairs! :)^)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Mirai :cry: she never seems to have good luck on the GP circuit....
I'm sure she'll be better once she has more time to recover though. Kwak too, 3 falls, poor baby. The good news is she only got 1 of her triples called for UR, so at least that's an improvement from last season. Hoping she recovers from her injury soon, I like her and saw a lot of potential in her late last season when she was skating so well.

I love Amanda but she needs more triples to be competitive at this level, at least in the US. Too bad she can't represent a European country instead, she could probably win Euros :). She fits right in with the pretty Finns.

Alena and Akiko's programs have potential but were pretty sloppy today. Miki was clean but dull. Also she really needs to eat something, she looks skinner now than she did when she was 14...