Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    4th place for Mirai, sounds right, when she's on she easily beats everybody out there, but when she's not. :(
    Oh.

I wanted her to win a medal here!

Custom Title
    I woke up in time to see the last 3 skaters, but only half of Miki's skate. Mirai seemed a little slower than normal.

Custom Title
    Results:
    1 Miki ANDO (JPN) 172.21
    2 Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) 162.86
    3 Alena LEONOVA (RUS) 148.61
    4 Mirai NAGASU (USA) 146.23
    5 Bingwa GENG (CHN) 142.48
    6 Amanda DOBBS (USA) 132.45
    7 Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) 131.40
    8 Kristine MUSADEMBA (USA) 119.45
    9 Min-Jeong KWAK (KOR) 113.98
    10 Diane SZMIETT (CAN) 95.43

Mirai's LP has great coreography. Loved it!

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Thanks for the PBP, everyone. So what does that make the final overall standings? The ISU site doesn't have the final placings posted yet.

Sorry Mirai had a disappointing LP but happy for Miki!

ETA: Okay now ISU's got it. Ando, Suzuki, Leonova, Nagasu. Mirai 26 points off Miki overall, and Akiko almost 10 points back for second.
    Last edited by rallycairn; 11-06-2010 at 04:32 AM.

Custom Title
    Yeah great choreography, music, dress, just a rough skate. The race to the top for the US ladies looks even more interesting now, although I know this result is probably tempered by the recent injury.

Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Mirai's LP has great coreography. Loved it!

I really like the program but too many mistakes this time. Great dress too.

Very nice skate from Miki and good from Akiko.

Mirai needs to get rid of those funny sleeves

Mirai skated a 9 point routine. If, in her next GP she skates a 15 point routine, she will have a total of 24 points. Is that enough to get her into the Finals?

It's too early to figure out the magic number for getting into the Final, but from past showings, 24 could do it. Her next outing will be in Paris where the competition is not fierce, so she could win it, unless Czisny is on a roll. Less than a win in Paris will make it all that tougher for Mirai.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Mirai skated a 9 point routine. If, in her next GP she skates a 15 point routine, she will have a total of 24 points. Is that enough to get her into the Finals?

It's too early to figure out the magic number for getting into the Final, but from past showings, 24 could do it. Her next outing will be in Paris where the competition is not fierce, so she could win it, unless Czisny is on a roll. Less than a win in Paris will make it all that tougher for Mirai.
    Yep, historically, 15+9 has always gotten into the final because it beats 13+11 (because the first tie breaker are the skaters' highest finishes out of their events).

Also, looks like her 2A+2T got no credit. Anybody know why?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post

It was her 4th combination.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    Too many combinations. After falling on the 3F, my guess is that she added the 2T to the 2A without thinking that her 3F would be called as 3F+seq since she'd already done two flips.

Did mirai have too many combo? I didn't like the program I thought she'd be better oh well.

Custom Title
    Oops, one more thing I wanted to say, the crowd was HUGE, and appreciative!!!!!

Lol, when Geng skated it seemed like they skated right along with her, ooohing & aaahing, etc. :D

And I forgot to say how much I appreciated Kristine from USA's long held spiral, reminiscent of the old days, made me nostalgic.

And Frank Carroll looked unhappy whilst Mirai was completing her 3R/2T combo. :(

I still say Amanda Dobbs has a very bright future if she sticks with singles, but then again I would love American Pairs to finally go somewhere, so if she can find a partner as good as her I would love to see her in pairs! (:^)

Custom Title
    Mirai she never seems to have good luck on the GP circuit....
    I'm sure she'll be better once she has more time to recover though. Kwak too, 3 falls, poor baby. The good news is she only got 1 of her triples called for UR, so at least that's an improvement from last season. Hoping she recovers from her injury soon, I like her and saw a lot of potential in her late last season when she was skating so well.

I love Amanda but she needs more triples to be competitive at this level, at least in the US. Too bad she can't represent a European country instead, she could probably win Euros . She fits right in with the pretty Finns.

Alena and Akiko's programs have potential but were pretty sloppy today. Miki was clean but dull. Also she really needs to eat something, she looks skinner now than she did when she was 14...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast