Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    She still should have been on the podium. Even if you want to disagree with my "the judging system is stupid for discounting the entire 2Axel rather than just the extra jumps", Alena Leonova did 3 Triple Flips. That first "Lutz" was NOT a Lutz. That is a Flip entrance, so one of her Flips actually deserved to be discounted entirely, unlike Mirai's 2Axel.
    I agree! She does three-turns before every Flip/Lutz, which makes it a Flip! And she definitely isn't on an outside edge

Custom Title
    Mirai has certainly grown up in just the months since we saw her last at Worlds. I would even say she looked sexy at the gala. Am i allowed to say that since she's still only 17? LOL

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Mirai has certainly grown up in just the months since we saw her last at Worlds. I would even say she looked sexy at the gala.
    Wait hold up say WHAT??

I really like Mirai's LP this year. I love the way she used her arms and hands, very beautiful.

Custom Title
    Mirai has certainly grown up in just the months since we saw her last at Worlds. I would even say she looked sexy at the gala. Am i allowed to say that since she's still only 17? LOL
    I thought she looked great at the Gala too. I really liked her dress, it showed off her nice figure.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes, it did. She was OTP by just 2.38 points. With a Double Axel worth 3.3 plus + GOE she probably would've gotten, she would've been easily on the medal stand.
    Sigh. Well, regardless of whether she was on the podium I'm sure the most disappointing thing was the skate itself. I really like the choreo - nice spin combo to percussion at the beginning and her costume is great. But after the mistakes, Mirai was just going through the motions, I thought... And her spiral was slow, wonder if there's something she can do about that.

But I really like the program quite a bit and if she can do it clean and sell the performance, I think it's a winner. I don't know if she got behind on training because of the injury or if it's nerves or what but she just needs to practice.

I haven't watched the others yet. Sorry to hear that many thought Miki was boring. It seems she can't seem to find a style that really suits her. I didn't love her SP at all.

Down With It
    Going through the motions? But Nagasu did that last year too.

Custom Title
    I just wondering how long we are going to wait until it dawns on us that maybe Miria will never fullfill her potential. She doesn't seem to have it together mentally and maybe never will. Say what you want about someone like Sarah Hughes but even when she was 14,15 she was medaling at senior events and almost always kept it together. She was a bit like Rachael Flatt in that she was solid as a rock but with superior skills.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    What song did she skate in the Gala?I thought she was wonderful there, I didnt see much, they cut many performances from the feed!

Down With It
    I just wondering how long we are going to wait until it dawns on us that maybe Miria will never fullfill her potential. She doesn't seem to have it together mentally and maybe never will.
    Well, there are two major counterexamples: Nationals 2009 and Olys 2010.

It's not like she's Kostner or Czisny or anything- although I can understand if one only watched last year's Worlds and this year's COC why one would think that way.

Yes she has grown into a very attractive young lady.

I just wondering how long we are going to wait until it dawns on us that maybe Miria will never fullfill her potential. She doesn't seem to have it together mentally and maybe never will. Say what you want about someone like Sarah Hughes but even when she was 14,15 she was medaling at senior events and almost always kept it together. She was a bit like Rachael Flatt in that she was solid as a rock but with superior skills.
    Pure speculation on your part. Are you channeling Cleo and her crystal ball?
    By the way who is the "we" you are referring to?

Someone said it for a girl wayyyy younger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lboyhb7VX9k

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post

It's not like [Mirai]'s Kostner or Czisny or anything- although I can understand if one only watched last year's Worlds and this year's COC why one would think that way.
    ?? Mirai finished 5th at Nationals 2009, behind Czisny, Flatt, Zhang and Wagner. I think you're thinking of Nationals 2008, which she won---but at 14, she was too young to go to Worlds.

Even the headcases have a good skate from time to time. Think of Phaneuf, who skated well at Worlds 2010 to everyone's shock. But Cynthia couldn't hold it together at SC after winning the SP. Mirai has had some of her folds after being in first place after the SP. The pressure of expectations can be too much for competitors with shaky competition nerves.

Hate to say it but i'm about done putting my faith in Mirai. Injury or no injury she doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to be a champion. All she had to do to medal was stay on her feet and not be sloppy. This was a weak field and she still didn't win a medal. These LP meltdowns are getting to be a habit. Are we seeing the new Sasha Cohen?
    I'm a huge Sasha fan-but gosh I hope not. I'm hoping Mirai is mentally and psychologically made of tougher stuff. She did great at the Olympics-4th with 3 skaters above her who were simply superior.

Thank you everyone-I enjoyed reading the pbp very much! Now I'm off to try and find some vids.

I just watched Mirai's LP. She seems to be struggling for breath in parts-perhaps endurance is still somewhat of an issue due to the layoff from the injury. I think the program has potential but still not loving it just yet. Miki looked quite workman-like out there. She got the job done but like Mirai I'm not loving the program-yet.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 11-08-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post

It's not like she's Kostner or Czisny or anything- although I can understand if one only watched last year's Worlds and this year's COC why one would think that way.
    Or last year COC, SC, Nationals. .
    Her only clean LP was at the Olympics. Her 2008 Nationals LP, they overlooked the majority of her jumps.
    Of course she's not Kostner or Czisny, the other two won their GP events.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast