12 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 1 77.40

Good luck to everyone!

:rock:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what time this event will start for Eastern Time?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Horn blew a few minutes ago, they played "Life in the Fast Lane" again, now introduction of judges. :)^)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Skaters on the ice warming up. :)

This Contesti from Italy I'm wondering if he's the one that wore overalls last year, kinda a Farmer John look going on, lol. :D Anyhow, I recall some saying he looks anorexic now, I don't think so, just a different outfit that makes him look slim compared to those crazy overalls he wore last year. :)^) Anyhow, today he's wearing a Mexican Cha Cha type of costume imho, big sparkly starburst on the back of his black form-fitting vest type of jacket, etc.

1 minute remaining in warmup!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Chen of China is such a beautiful skater with a natural feel for music that it almost makes me cry the fall on two jumps and fallouts on the 3A & 3L, but gorgeous high 3R, wonderful attitude positions! Really makes me think of John Curry's incomparable program to this piece of music, and am wondering if Chen has watched old tapes of his performance. ;)

ps. GORGEOUS long spread eagle into 2A/2T!!!!! :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh I honestly feel like crying right now. :( :( :( Wu of China opened so promisingly with a HUGE 3A, and another HUGE 3A, but when he fell on the fw halfway through he lost his confidence & it showed thereafter in his shakey landings and also he fell on another triple jump, but the ending spin where he fell I almost burst out in tears for him. *so sad*

Such potential, heartbreaking, especially in his home country where the audience is sooooo appreciative of their skaters, full house...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Liebers of Germany did okay, some shakey landings on jumps, might've fallen once (can't recall), but I just can't get over how much I dislike the college vest with tie some skaters seemed to have favoured throughout the GP thus far, like they're going to math class. :( He did spark up at the end there, looking the judges dead in the eyes, and then did a few karate chop like moves before finishing. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I absolutely Loooooove this piece by Contesti of Italy!!!! :clap: He reminds me of bird of prey in the Andes (music was panpipes from the andes). He's a natural when it comes to the 3A jumps! Loved the 3A/2T/2T combo. and also the opening 3A! Only fault was the both hands down on 3L jump, otherwise GORGEOUS program, made me want to get up and dance. Brought back splendid memories of my time serving as a PCV in Paraguay, South America. :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAMUEL CONTESTI!!!!!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Guan of China put all his heart & soul into this beautiful Turandot music (btw love love love this music, always makes me wanna cry, and think of Sarah Hughes when she skated to this piece in her lovely dark blue dress reminiscent of Dorothy Hamill). :)

Guan opened with a gutsy quad (full rotations but then fell), and he really came alive during the 2nd part, GORGEOUS 2A/2A combo. :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Machida of Japan, two falls (one in the opening & other halfway through on 3A) and popped a 3L jump, otherwise his jumps were fine & splendid, and he did do a 3/2/2 combo. near the end (shakey on th ending but done). Nice job, nice job! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hey, is anybody alive out there in the dark???? I feel all alone here. :(

Machida of Japan leads by 2 pts. over Contesti of Italy thus far.

1st group over with, 2nd group now on the ice.

I'm disappointed to see that Brian Joubert of France is wearing that same old same old costume for this magnificent piece by Beethoven (Ode to Joy!!!!!). He really needs to get one that goes with the music & isn't so flamboyant. :(

Tomas Verner in dark silk blue top & blank pants (reminiscent of Jeremy Abbott's costume last year).

Kozuka dark purple top & blank pants, understated elegance.

Audience full on sides, but not the ends.

zandor

On the Ice
Nadine, you are not alone! Thank for your comments because my live stream has a delay and your comments are spot on!

Trewyn

Medalist
I'm reading your pbp!! I don't bother watching a ten minute delayed stream that breaks up regularly, so I'm following the score and reading your pbp to know what's going on ^^ *tries to picture Kozuka with a dark purple top...*