Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The ISU should consider reassigning Cup of China to another country: Discuss

Custom Title
    How did a Kim-less 4CC do in Korea, crowd wise?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    cup of Alaska! We're not part of the US anyway, so it wouldn't be like the nation gets two GP events
    How about Four Continents in Alaska? Might solve some of the travel problems for the East Asian vs. North American skaters. Not so good for Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, though.

And is it better to travel to there in November than February?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    How did a Kim-less 4CC do in Korea, crowd wise?
    Well, for the 2010 4CC, it was a rather small (from my perspective) arena, and it was pretty filled. However, for the 2008 4CC or the GPF other than the Senior Ladies' competition, it wasn't very filled. I remember Aunt Joyce talking about the 2009 Skate America competition and commenting on how he found it odd that many of the Yu Na fans, despite having tickets for all the different competitions, only attended the ladies competition and didn't go to the rest

Custom Title
    I don't think the ISU will ever consider moving Cup of China. China is now the second largest economy in the world, with the money to easily stage a competition like this. Strategically for the long term the ISU absolutely wants to be here. The crowds will come with time (or at least that's probably what the ISU is thinking, and if so I think they're correct).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    I don't think the ISU will ever consider moving Cup of China. China is now the second largest economy in the world, with the money to easily stage a competition like this. Strategically for the long term the ISU absolutely wants to be here. The crowds will come with time (or at least that's probably what the ISU is thinking, and if so I think they're correct).
    2010-11 Calendar

Worlds in Japan

GPF in China

World Juniors in Korea

4CC in Taiwan

World team trophy in Japan

It's pretty clear where the ISU is focusing on.

Moving it to Italy sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Moving it to Italy sounds good to me.
    yep. With Kostner, Contesti, Faiella or Cappellini, people would come and cheer a lot. Btw Milano will host a JGP from next year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    yep. With Kostner, Contesti, Faiella or Cappellini, people would come and cheer a lot. Btw Milano will host a JGP from next year.
    Contesti is like 27 or 28, so I assume he will be retiring soon, and so may Kostner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3