Thread: The Elite Skaters at Skate America Want Points for the Final!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0 Not allowed!

The Elite Skaters at Skate America Want Points for the Final!

Here they are the big contestants looking for big points, imo:

Ladies: Kostner, Flatt, Zhang

Men: Takahashi, Oda, Rippon

Pairs: Savcheno/Szolkowy, Sui/Han, Denney/Barrett

Ice Dance: Riazanova/Trachenko, Davis/White, Crone/Poirrier

Enjoy the rivalry with keen eyes.

0 Not allowed!
    In ladies, the ones to watch are Lacoste and Murakami. They each have 11 points and need a silver here to have a shot at the finals.

Kostner only needs to finish 4th. Flatt will secure a spot in the finals for sure with 2nd and is probably in with 3rd.

Zhang, with only 4 points in her first event, cannot make the finals no matter what she does here.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Zhang, with only 4 points in her first event, cannot make the finals no matter what she does here.
    That is very true. But this event is still important to Caroline for 3 reasons. She needs a bigger maximum score to ensure 2 GP events next year, she needs a confidence boost going into Nationals, and she has to show the USFSA that she is on an upward spiral.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    In ladies, the ones to watch are Lacoste and Murakami. They each have 11 points and need a silver here to have a shot at the finals.

Kostner only needs to finish 4th. Flatt will secure a spot in the finals for sure with 2nd and is probably in with 3rd.

If Lacoste can land the 3Lo+3Lo clean in the SP, plus the 3Lz, she could surprise a lot of the girls there. She received very high levels on her non-jump elements even last year, a lot of Level 4 on the GP Circuit. My money is on her to succeed Joannie Rochette in Canada should Joannie decides to retire on a de facto basis.

I don't think we can count on Kostner getting 4th or better, she can still bomb way out of the top 4.

0 Not allowed!
    This is not a Prediction thread! There is a very good thread about predictions.

This is about who among the contestants are Elite in each Division, and expected to do well.

I read only one additional name in Ladies, that being Lacoste. I will watch her closely, and thank you for mentioning her.

(Regardless of what one thinks of Kostner, she already has 15 points and a 4th place in SA will more than likely bring her to the Finals.)

0 Not allowed!
    I think Murakami can skate much better than she did at NHK. If she does I see her with a podium finish and possibly winning.
    I don't think Flatt can beat a cleaner Murakami unless she can bring her 3x3's and skate well herself.

That said Murakami is young and I can't try to predict how she will skate - which is for another thread anyway.

I will definitely be watching Caro and think she is experienced enough to produce a top four finish which takes her to the final. Any word on Caro's condition? Is her knee still bothering her?

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    What's with this sudden thing with the "elite"?

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=Ice Dance: Riazanova/Trachenko, Davis/White, Crone/Poirrier

Enjoy the rivalry with keen eyes. [/QUOTE]

Riazanova / Tkacenko elite? Since when?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Just a thought , I would like to include Weaver & Poje in this group, if they do well(2nd or 3rd) and Crone & Poirier do well (2nd or 3rd), both could be off to the final! Yes, I am giving the win to Davis & White!!!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    shibutani, riazanova/tkacenko, weaver and pjoe in ice dance
    ladies--amelie lacoste and kanako-rachel and kosnter i think will get the points
    men-
    pairs-shapnir;castelli, denny/barret/, sui han , moore-towers/moskitvitch, russian pair team stoblova and klimov