Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Short Dance Virtual Program and Preview: Sat. Nov 15, 6:45 PM ESt

Tripping on the Podium
    thank you so much!

Custom Title
    Meryl just flashed a peace sign ("Hi mom!") to the cameras and Alex Shibutani was all fist-bumpy/handraising/"raise the roof". Very fun.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    YAY! Vanessa's hair is down and she looks so much better for it! All the dancers in the final group look loose and happy! Hope everyone dances their best! They all look terrific!

Go Cathy & Chris!

Tripping on the Podium
    Vanessa looks so much better with this hair!

Go Meryl & Charlie!

Charmers giving points to the field with his touch down to the ice with his hand during their 2nd twizzle section.

Custom Title
    great, enjoyable skates from the last 4 teams, despite a couple mistakes from the American teams!

Custom Title
    Charlie had an error on the twizzle, but it was a good performance.

Custom Title
    Quick thoughts.

1. W/P vs C/P round one? Goes to C/P, split decision. W/P win on TES (win on the night, in fact), but C/P handily beat them out in PCS. In fact, the PCS between W/P and the fifth place Russians are extremely close. I'd love to take a look at the levels.

2. The Shibs are gonna be huge.

3. Riazanova/Tkachenko are interesting.

4. Davis/White? Class of the field but posting a score lower than what P/B did at CoC worries me. With Virtue/Moir out, they were supposed to cruise to the World Championship. The GPF will be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    4. Davis/White? Class of the field but posting a score lower than what P/B did at CoC worries me. With Virtue/Moir out, they were supposed to cruise to the World Championship. The GPF will be very interesting.
    Their footwork section only received a level 2 along with the major error from Charlie on the twizzle. I wouldn't be worried. It's still very early in the season and they have a lot of time to clean up those mistakes.

Quick thoughts.

1. W/P vs C/P round one? Goes to C/P, split decision. W/P win on TES (win on the night, in fact), but C/P handily beat them out in PCS. In fact, the PCS between W/P and the fifth place Russians are extremely close. I'd love to take a look at the levels.

2. The Shibs are gonna be huge.

3. Riazanova/Tkachenko are interesting.

Davis and White NHK's (66.97) SD beats P/B's score (64.12). They probably would have beat that score was it not for the error. I will take it as an uncharacteristic move and move on from there. Granted that's not a commanding lead, so I agree with your assessment that it won't necessary be a cruise to a World Championship.

Also, I wonder what the Shibs will get when they skate a clean SD. That stumble probably cost them 3 points or so.

Custom Title
    4. Davis/White? Class of the field but posting a score lower than what P/B did at CoC worries me. .
    It doesn`t worry me at all. Actually like it, as P&B are my sentimental favorites. Outside of the canadians, i am rooting for them.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I really loved the dance of W/P-best cohesive performance of the night, COP aside. I also liked R/T.

Meryl's dress & Vanessa's hair were big improvements!

D&W looked like they were concentrating almost entirely on the GW sections-to the detriment of the twizzles & the midline steps where they looked careful. They're going to have to get the balance between the 2 sections correct, that is the GW and the 'creative part'. At NHK, they nailed the 'creative part' and had problems with the GW. I'm curious to see whether all that carefulness got them the GW levels they wanted here at SA. It looked better to me, but the step guidelines are so specific, that I don't know, & unfortunately, we don't get to see until after the FD, unless it comes out in the interviews.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Their footwork section only received a level 2 along with the major error from Charlie on the twizzle. I wouldn't be worried. It's still very early in the season and they have a lot of time to clean up those mistakes.
    Can you give me the site to protocols? I hate waiting...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast