The Kerrs Withdraw from Cup of Russia | Golden Skate

The Kerrs Withdraw from Cup of Russia

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
WHAT IS GOING ON???? Is this normal? I hate this season. WHINE WHINE WHINE.

But seriously, is this normal?

Link

It shows that the Kerrs have been crossed of CoR and that V/M are officially out of TEB (which we all knew anyway).

oleada

Record Breaker
Sinead had dislocated her shoulder earlier this season - perhaps its something related to that?
How sad, though :(

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, this news is a bummer. Hope they'll be OK for later events in the season.

I am distressed because one tends to think of ice dancing as a less injury-prone discipline. But these days it's so fiendishly hard that even the ice dancers are pulling themselves apart.

No Kerrs? Drat! I don't like this season either so far. Phooey!

Wicked

Final Flight
I really like both their SD and FD this year. They tell interesting stories on the ice. Hopefully they will be healthy soon.

Antilles

Medalist
What happened in the gala? The said at SC that Platov had to re-work a number of their lifts because of her shoulder. Maybe it got worse or she decided it was better to rest it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They performed in the gala, in which Sinead lifts John.

It kind of worried me at the time.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:disapp: Ouch! Actually, I was a bit worried for her all through SC. They seemed a bit too scrambly, and I didn't know how much to put down to their shortened training time. My sister and I were speculating at the time as to how healed her shoulder actually was.. boy, I hope she didn't re-injure it. I hope this is just deciding to give it a greater chance at full recovery, in order to take a serious run at the European title.

rvi5

On the Ice
From what I read, Sinead originally dislocated her right shoulder. In the SC Gala, she lifted John with her right arm around his waist. At one point during the lift, she let-go with her left arm and pumped her fist in the air. At that point, she was supporting John's weight with her right arm only. She didn't appear injured afterwards, as she finished the Gala without any indication of pain. However, it is possible the pain could have manifested itself later. On the other hand, it is also possible the injury could have occured during training after returning to their home rink.

Hopefully the injury isn't too serious.

Last edited: