Can You Help Figure Out What To Do??? | Golden Skate

Can You Help Figure Out What To Do???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A friend of mine bought a car a few years ago and it has very limited bells & whistles on it; such as an AM/FM radio, no auto locks but does have auto windows, so you get the point. Anyhow, for the next few months she is going to be driving about 400 hundred miles round trip twice a week for her job. She asked if I knew of any new gadgets, not costly, that she could play some of her own music. Now she doesn't want to have a CD player installed because she said she's going to get rid of the car in the next 1 1/2 years. I told her I didn't know because I don't keep up with that stuff but I could ask where I know they would know....yup your right....YOU!!! :clap: :clap:

Any info would be appreciated.

heyang

Record Breaker
Does the car have an auxilary jack? If yes, then she can buy a basic cable and plug one end into the car and the other into a portable CD player/MP3 player/Ipod.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can always count on you Heyang. I will tell her what you said.

Wicked

Final Flight
I would imagine a car that basic does not have an auxiliary jack. Mine doesn't! If your friend has an iPod, there's a cheap adaptor for it that will allow you to tune to a certain radio station and play music from your iPod on the radio. They also make one that adapts to a car cassette. I use one for the cassette in my car and it works great. My partner used the one for the radio. The only problem with it was that she had to re-tune the station on it when she got out of our area. There are also cheap portable CD players that can be adapted to use in the car as well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I had the CD player, but didn't like it at all-it didn't stay put, and you had to pull over to change it. Of course you can get the one that mounts in the trunk, but then you have to remove it when you sell the car.

The IPod played out the radio works great, but only do it if you have a jack for it. Running the transmitter (which is how you get a signal to the radio) uses a lot of battery, and you run out of power very quickly. There is the issue of occasionally having to change the FM channel setting for it on a long trip. We used it on the way to FL, and didn't have to change it though. Depends where you're going how much of pain it is.

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
I had the CD player too, Doris. Mine worked okay, but it did have a problem with skipping if you hit any potholes or bumps.