Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pairs - Short Program

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    S/S ,I thought were pretty rocky as is often the case, early on. Like their costumes, but liked them better without the headband thing.
    M-T /M I quite like their program ,For a pairs Zorba.Real kudos to them and coaches for making the great improvement over last year.
    D/B.. not totally sold on coaching change yet. How much in the connection improvement is down to the choreography ?Not sure.. Call the costume police, please.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bingbing View Post
    SS were a little tight today.Some problems when S landed on her throw,but she controlled it.It also seems that Szolkowy also had problems with that SBS 3T but I`m not sure.May they have a good show of their lp debut tomorrow.By the way,I like the 'send in clowns' and 'out of Africa' from last year better.But,I will just show my honorship to this pair for their courage of keeping trying new styles and new technics!Good luck to them for this whole season!
    Yes, I do like that S&S try new styles. I think that transition before the SBS 3T is very challenging and might be the reason why she doubled.

On the Ice
    Hope S/S have a better performance in LP!
    Good luck to them for this whole season! Win the GPF and the Worlds!

Custom Title
    I just love the young Chinese team! They were so adorable and full of personality. IMO their performance, transition and interpretation marks should be higher. It was the most exciting program of the competition. I agree that the cheorography is too busy. If I were their coach I would let them skate to a really slow and romantic piece of music just to show that they can go slow. I think that their skating skills are good too. To be that fast and to pack so many complicated steps and moves into the program must need good skating skills I guess. Anyway, good luck to this very promising team.

I like the first American team too. They interpreted the music very beautifully.
    S/S had a few mistakes on the jump, throw and sbs. I gave her credit for landing the throw, excellent save, good for her. I have no problems with them being first. Personally I think that they are too old to try this style. They should try some more mature stuff. Maybe it's just me. I love their LP last year. Hopefully tomorrow we can see something more "age appropriate".
    Glad to see the canadian team did well. I like the girl. She's very spunky.
    Good competition in general. Worth the wait.

Custom Title
    Another thing... The step sequences in pairs are so painfully slow and labored. Please address this, ISU!

Custom Title
    I think S/S folk music program was age appropriate. It was a mature version imo and I don't like folk music at all. Everyone's trying to do the footwork that S/S kind of brought to the stage and it looks awful ... slow. I agree with gold12345...ISU need to address this soon. Most teams can't seem to pull this kind of footwork off.

I kind of expected a tight performances from them since it's early in the season.

D/B should go to Yuka and her husband. I think they would have more to offer when it comes to technique which is what they need most imo.
    Last edited by lavender; 11-13-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Rinkside
    S/S: not their best performance,she double her 3T,and their TH 3F seams to be shaky..
    S/H: Good speed with lots transitions, that's a very hard program and they did a good job unless the lift
    the Canadian pair 's TES is huge, waht happened?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    I just love the young Chinese team! They were so adorable and full of personality. IMO their performance, transition and interpretation marks should be higher. It was the most exciting program of the competition. I agree that the cheorography is too busy. If I were their coach I would let them skate to a really slow and romantic piece of music just to show that they can go slow. I think that their skating skills are good too. To be that fast and to pack so many complicated steps and moves into the program must need good skating skills I guess. Anyway, good luck to this very promising team.
    I like them too. they are very comfortable and happy on the ice, comparing to Z/Z...(sigh...)
    and they are cute too. .

Custom Title
    Canadians' Zorba program should not have earned a 61....just..no. I would have placed them behind-- in order-- S/S, D/B, S/H.

On the Ice
    Savchenko - interesting program for them, glad they try new directions, but I would agree with one of the posters - it seems to be too childish for their age.
    M-T&M - didn't deserve their scores.
    Denny-Barret - ok...at least it was almost clean
    Sui and partner - are their the next Zhang& Zhang? They only have big twist and throws, everything else lacks the quality of execution, as well as basic skating is weak. Nevertheless they get top pair scores .
    Stolbova and partner - good, here is the pair skating. There's a lot of work ahead of them - twist and lifts, but they have the potential and clearly deserved here a higher placement.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    No, their skating skills are very weak, that's why their choreography is so busy. They don't skate to slow and romantic music (and won't skate in close future) cause that would make obvious the lack of flow, edges and lines in they skating.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe008 View Post
    S/S: not their best performance,she double her 3T,and their TH 3F seams to be shaky..
    S/H: Good speed with lots transitions, that's a very hard program and they did a good job unless the lift
    S/H danced their program. The tricks were just danced steps. They were drawing me in.

The Canadian Pair need a lot work on selling that Zorba. They could begin by trying to make it a dance and having a rapport with each other.

C/D could use a bit of "SELL". Their rapport is good, but I can't tell if I like the program or not.

Medalist
    S/S: Great program other than the doubled 3T. I like this program better than their "Send in the Clown" program from last season. For some reason Savchenko didn't really seem to be into it, she looked so unhappy at the end ... maybe its post-olympics syndrome? (P/T also seemed to have the same problem in their programs).

MT/M: Also very nice IMO, the score is a tad high but I think the placement is right IMO.

D/B: Much better connection in comparison to last season , could definitely do better though .

S/H: Huge throws! Love their transitions and performance. Pairs skating this season had gotten so mechanical and a tad boring after S/Z left (P/T and S/S both seem to be "out of it"), its these kinds of performances that keeps me awake during the competitions. She really needs to work on her solo jumps though, it doesn't have any height, and their previous performances shows that she isn't that consistent with it.

S/K: Good, but only a double twist. The performance also seem to be a bit flat in my eyes.

Custom Title
    They're able to get the higher level elements, which contributes to their base value (something Denney/Barrett had issues with at NHK, so if that continued here). They had only one error (hand down from her in the SBS triples) but everything else was worthy of a solid (if low, like +1 GOE).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    C/D could use a bit of "SELL". Their rapport is good, but I can't tell if I like the program or not.
    C/D? Is that Caydee/Denney (as in Denney/Barrett) or are you referring to another team?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast