Pairs - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short Program

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch: she had a hand down on the sbs triples. They really jump very closely together, and that makes those errors look terrifying. The rest was clean. Not nearly as fast or intricate as the music demanded, but you can definitely see the difference in ice command/performance and interpretation. I love their spins - so fast and the unison is quite strong for such a new team.

jazzee4

Rinkside
I'm watching IN through Firefox & it is choppy also...may just be the feed. Who are the commentators on IN??? Anyone know??

LeCygne

Final Flight
Toth seemed VERY nervous stepping onto the ice, I was fully expecting a fall, but he held it together (she didn't seem to have an issue).

That's always been the impression I got from watching them. Felicia is the stronger skater of the two, competing well in junior singles in addition to pairs. This seems to be a common issue in many pairs, no? Hope Toth can get it together because God knows there's tons of room at the top for one team to really break out in American pairs.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Soblova/Klimov: Oooh, that was intriguing. Intense, firey performance from the young juniors. The pairs field in Russia is crazy deep. No visible errors. Crazy hydroblading move into the death spiral. Slight stumble from him in the closing pose.

No flash photography. I really wish the announcer would be more insulting when he does these things. Explain to those who don't understand that sudden flashes while carrying 80-100 pounds above your head could be detrimental to the skater's health.

jnoble82

Rinkside
No flash photography. I really wish the announcer would be more insulting when he does these things. Explain to those who don't understand that sudden flashes while carrying 80-100 pounds above your head could be detrimental to the skater's health.

great point. some people need to be smacked over the head with the obvious stick sometimes. and thanks for your great summaries!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Castelli/Shanpir: He's gigantic compared to her. Two falls (from him on sbs triple, from her throw triple). Spins out of sync. He seemed tight the whole way through, to be honest. Solid triple twist, though.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Castelli/Shanpir: He's gigantic compared to her. Two falls (from him on sbs triple, from her throw triple). Spins out of sync. He seemed tight the whole way through, to be honest. Solid triple twist, though.

Unless a Pair team is really good the size difference is too distracting for me. It looks ridiculous

Zhang/Toth - better than I thought. See a good future if they stick with it.
There was a Canadian dance team who used Zorba and it was super but unfortunately, it was during the Soviet era. I think those Canadian dancers should have worked on the program for More-Towers/Moscovitch. The pairs couple are not looking musical.

The other two teams were not at their best, for sure.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Unless a Pair team is really good the size difference is too distracting for me. It looks ridiculous

Agreed. Do people who know the history of this team know if they have jumping issues? Because his height and breadth suggest that that could be a problem (physics being what it is).