Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Men - Short Program

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    That seemed well judged to me..I love the skating of all three of the medalists , but it was Nobu's night ( so great to see that smile in the KnC again ) ..and good for Armin . Love Shawn sawyer's skating , but I don't think his new philosophy is working out for him..

Custom Title
    Dai did not bare his chest. He wore some kind of nude undershirt. So modest, that Dai.

Nobunari should score higher than 80, what's going on. His PCS was 3 points lower, but his technical should be about 5 points higher. Look at those jumps. They should get +2 or +3 across the board.

Adam should be a bit less. Almost 74 for that program? He's not very fast and his presentation is ZZZZZZZZ. Forced artistry.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Hmm, forced artistry is the one thing I just said also to a friend of mine about what I cant stand in Rippon. Plus the tano lutz that now I m bored of it, it should have been special, not doing it always in any program any choreo! I dont like this sp for that reason, and the costume as well. It misses the Cupid’s arrow to be complete.

Bravo to Oda, his jumps were amazing, he gets so much height and speed out it is unreal. Takahashi, what can I say, nevermind the jumps mistakes, they look huge and he is a living spectacle, I like his world champion attitude on ice this year, he has no match.

Custom Title

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I wonder why Adrian is all alone in the kiss & cry?
    According to a post be Adrian a little while ago on facebook...he said that his coach never showed up at the competition and they didn't know where he was and they found him after the competition and now he is in the hospital. Not sure what's going on but Adrian apologized to all his fans for acting weird and not skating his best. Sure hope everything is ok!

No one moved me except for Mahbanoozadah. He was a surprise. The two Japanese really come down to a ho hum pick your choice (JMO). While I discovered Adam way back in a MidAtlantics and thought he would become a top skater, well he did, but I haven't seen any signature style from him in the past three years. The entire Men's comp was nothing to rave about.

I get the feeling that the candidates for the Finals will be based on Ties.

I was unimpressed by Armin's SP and was quite surprised at his TES. I will have to give his SP a second look.
    I thought Adam looked a little tight last night. IMO he skated much better at SC.

Custom Title
    Fell asleep before the second group and haven't caught Adam on youtube yet. Oda and Takahashi were clearly the best (of what I saw). Liked Armin too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    According to a post be Adrian a little while ago on facebook...he said that his coach never showed up at the competition and they didn't know where he was and they found him after the competition and now he is in the hospital. Not sure what's going on but Adrian apologized to all his fans for acting weird and not skating his best. Sure hope everything is ok!
    ohh now that is kind of a story! I hope his coach is going to be fine!
    Still I liked adrias short. it is something different - he has his own style and i like it. the body snake transition was really coll

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    According to a post be Adrian a little while ago on facebook...he said that his coach never showed up at the competition and they didn't know where he was and they found him after the competition and now he is in the hospital. Not sure what's going on but Adrian apologized to all his fans for acting weird and not skating his best.
    Thanks for the update. That's a worrying situation which could distract any skater. I sincerely hope his coach is okay now.

Custom Title
    just watched the japanese. just awsome. the skating skills for both sould be 10. i mean what more can you expect? The speed and flow is awsom and also their edges.
    judging is just fine.
    i really enjoyed daiskues program component wise, but odas jumps were just perfect perfect. this is perfectly reflected in the TES and PCS of those two skaters

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I quite liked Daisuke Murakami, the Japanese skater who skated in the first group to Bach's Toccata & Fugue as performed by Vanessa Mae.

Medalist
    Oda and Takahashi were the class of the field. Rippon needs to work on his speed and power.
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh was a wonderful surprise.

Custom Title
    I really liked Carriere. I know his whole routine was a little corny but he really sold that program for all it was worth and for me it was quite enjoyable.

Custom Title
    I was hoping Stephen would do better.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast