Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    Carolina skated clean because here jumps were easy and beautiful and there is no request to do 3-3. Yes, she said she had in mind to to 3-3, but... the program didn't appear to luck something.
    The step sequence at Torino gave her 6 points. No idea how much she got yesterday, but it makes up for the difference. She had higher TES and higher PCS than every one else and those who have seen her live can say she skates faster than everyone else. It's much more difficult to skate a program with her speed and that is rewarded

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodlepal View Post

Carolina also didn't skate clean. She was supposed to do a triple tl/triple tl, the same one that Kanako did. She wound up doing a triple tl/double tl, which I believe is the easiest jump combo, and would be the first one up and coming skaters would try. I know Carolina is hurt, but I don't remember judges taking that into consideration when judging before, for anyone else.
    yes...carolina planned a 3-3 and did a 3-2 BUT she didn't miss a required element...if she would have done a 2-2 that would have been another story...so she skated clean! her jumps were solid and good..and I agree with what npavel said! figure skating is not only jumps! there are also steps spins good quality skating interpretation ecc! yes, jumps are important but they are 3 elements out of seven. people seems to forget that..or at least, they forget when they want it. In this competition she was in a class of their own!
    about the skaters you mentioned:
    I love mao and I love the fact that she was and is trying to put the 3a in competition but she kind of need it...her jumping technic has been falling apart in last two years...she han no lutz she doesn't always do salchow and last time she did a 3-3 was at 2008 worlds if I'm not wrong.
    Rachel needs big guns...the quality of the other elements are high but not as high as she needs to stay in a world podium
    Zhang...c'mon..she HAS to do something with her jumps!!! I'm sorry because I loved her since I saw her ave maria program, but the lutz is awful when she does the axel it seems that she is in slow motion and the loop is not better! she did a really good job by fixing the flip but work is not finished yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    How do you know Carolina was planning a 3T+3T combination?

She said it during the press conference I think...It's written in the ISU page!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    She said it during the press conference I think...It's written in the ISU page!

Thank you!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post

Thank you!

You're welcome!!

Sheesh I don't know how anyone who watched the Ladies SP yesterday can complain
    about Carolina's score. Did you not see the skaters before her. The other ladies
    in this competition are going to have to bring it up a few notches to match what Carolina
    puts out on the ice. Of course this is only my humble opinion.

Anything can happen in the FS. I expect Rachael to come out fighting and move up.

Good Luck to all the Ladies.

Custom Title

Funny you should say that....

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    It is weak by any measures. Women skating is regressing period.
    The ladies winner here jumps comparable with what the ladies were doing 30 years ago. That is not progress. Sorry.

yes. i am giving the younger skater like Murakami some slack. Others , not so much.
    Kristy Yamaguchi and Midori Ito would wipe this field off the map. 1992. Sad. Even Nancy Kerrigan wss a giant leap above these performances.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Kristy Yamaguchi and Midori Ito would wipe this field off the map. 1992. Sad. Even Nancy Kerrigan wss a giant leap above these performances.
    Yu-Na Kim and Mao Asada would wipe this field off the map. 2010. Even Joannie Rochette was a giant leap above these performances. Sad? No. Just a weak field in the year after the Olympics.

(Yes...I am aware of Mao's recent skates this season).

Custom Title
    Caroline does neat contortion things, a skill one is born with. It would have served her better in the sport of gymnastics. She does not have power legs and she cannot jump at the level you need to be at. This will never change, you can either jump or you can't. The arm waving, steps, spins, polish etc. can be improved, but if you can't jump...you can't jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    I don't understand all these comments. Carolina skated clean and with so much more speed an everyone else. All of her elements were well executed. Why can't you just enjoy a god skate? You really think a shaky difficult tripple jump is so much more worth than another clean tripple? There are always been skaters who prefer one jump to another. I never get this difference. Some skaters can do great lutz but no loop. Is that so much better?
    I think a clean program deserve positive GOE. Shaky elements deserve negative GOE.
    The great footwork Carolina put on the ice yesterday deserved all that score. How many people do such footwork? And why should it not be revardet as much as a jump? There are more skaters who can jump tripples than skaters who can do great footwork!!!!
    Carolina deserved to win by a mile. Yoshi did a great job, but has not the skating skills of Carolina. Carolina did a 3T, 2T, 3Loop and Yoshi a 3T, 2T, 3Luz. Yoshi got more points on the Luz an Caro on the Loop, but the step sequence of Carolina got more points than the one of Yoshi. I think the standings are right.

Not close to being a Carolina fan but ita...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10