Ladies - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

brightphoton

Medalist
Kwak seems a bit slow on the ice. I've heard people call her a mini-Yuna, but I'm not seeing it. She is very thin and pretty though.

Does Gilles have the same coach as Rachel Flatt?

amateur

Final Flight
Amelie Lacoste: She looked very nervous, and I think her tentativeness alone is what caused the jumping error, but I must say I really liked her short program. That music (a sort of tango) really works for her! I didn't enjoy watching her very much at all last year, finding her too sullen to enjoy, and rather wooden. But this year her style seems to have taken on an interesting intensity that doesn't seem too forced.

Last edited:

Scout

Final Flight
A clean skate! And just shy of her PB. I wish Joshi would work on her flexibility in her back, so that she could do a proper bielmann, instead of one that is sort of off to the side.

lavender

Record Breaker
There are some extra tall girls in this competition and a few are sixteen. Wow puberty may not have hit them yet. The skater from sweden did all her elements but her arms look crazy. She's a lil awkward for me to watch.

So it's just Caroline and Rachel. I guess this is the one competition Rach has a chance to win. Mirai, Mao haven't mentally checked in yet and Caroline the talent doesn't come around often. Thank God Miki is still around although people aren't thrilled with her but she's still a top skater. Can't wait til Kanako isn't such a lil girl but she's got the goods.