Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Bias of American viewers towards US ladies isn't surprising either . . . it's just what happens.

I love the arm movements and transitions and the footwork of Joshi! Beautiful! So much grace for a big girl

Kanako was lovely, incredible energy, musicality and polish!

I thought the judging was spot on for what was put out their by the ladies. IMO the judges showed no favoritism toward
    the US ladies at all, as it should be.

Medalist
    Okay, am I biased or...was Maé robbed??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVOO67fxrsI&translated=1

She deserved higher PCS, IMO. And technically, that 3lutz-2toe looked really good to me, plus her 3 loop and 2 axel...Don't tell me giving her below 20 on components for that performance is fair.

Maé WUZ ROBBED!!!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinefan177 View Post
    Sad for Caroline. You can definitely tell she's trying, and that flip was such an improvement. In fact, I'm surprised she's had so much negative criticism despite overhauling her technique. The double axel is still pretty bad, but, in my opinion, it does seem a bit higher. Her spins are pretty (although her I-spin has regressed), but I doubt they will ever be as good as they once were. You can't really blame her for that though. She's gone through such a physical change. I'm going to cross my fingers for next season, but I'm not going to expect a miracle. She's got a long way to go, but her patience will be rewarded, at least I hope it will be.
    She must realize that the reaction won't be immediate and the results won't be instant. So I give her credit for trying and hanging in there.

Tripping on the Podium frauregina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    She must realize that the reaction won't be immediate and the results won't be instant. So I give her credit for trying and hanging in there.
    Oh true. After her disaster in NHK, if it were last season, I'd expect her to be nervous and broken. But today, wow. She's just smiling in and out of her program. I hope she's like that tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post

She deserved higher PCS, IMO. And technically, that 3lutz-2toe looked really good to me, plus her 3 loop and 2 axel...Don't tell me giving her below 20 on components for that performance is fair.

Maé WUZ ROBBED!!!
    I think so too. I feel she was robbed because she's not very well known by international judges. Hopefully if she continues to compete and deliver performances like she did tonight, that will change in time (hopefully soon). I thought she was great!

I agree with the Mae comment (about having been slightly robbed). However, relative to the other skaters, her score isn't THAT bad. Nice skater though.

Custom Title
    I can see why Caroline's pcs may be a little lower. I think Caroline will get better but what set her apart like Mirai seems to have gone bye bye. She's not as fast. She's getting faster but you can see the effort it takes to get across the ice.

Carolina has improved a lot in terms of her grace and musicality. In the past, I always felt she was graceful but becomes awkward with her movements but since last year i think there has been marked improvement.

Her presence on the ice (the height, body line and costumes) really help her plus her footwork is magnificent.

I think she is playing it safe in the early competitions because she may think she does not need the big jumps as of the moment and it is definitely wiser for her to play safe to prevent injuries.

Does she deserve to be in first place.........skating is a political sport and do remember she is a multiple European champion and world silver and bronze medalist so she is considered a big name in skating in terms of her achievements and that definitely gives her an edge.

For me it would've been really close between Carolina and Kanako but I'll give the edge to Kanako.

The judges definitely have a knack for skaters with mature presentation .....so it worked for CARO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post

Maé WUZ ROBBED!!!
    I missed the first few skates, but yes, she was so much better than Kostner it's not even funny. The music doesn't really suit her, but all her elements looked clean and she seems pretty polished for such a newcomer. I hope to see more of Maé!

In my book, I'd have Joshi and Maé ahead of Carolina without a doubt.

I think Rachael needs major overhaul

She needs a more classical look, darker hair, more stylish costumes to give her a more mature presentation, i think she is musical but she needs to project more excitement. I think the judges during the Olympics tried to give her a clear message, yes you can do the jumps but she can improve more on the spins, the transitions, the footwork-try to really sell it to the audience and the judges.

She should also choose music that is more classical and powerful since that is the choice of the judges.

I really liked her and her presence when she first burst on the scene when she was really young, I hope she could return to that. So much spunk and presence.

Custom Title
    Okay watched Caroline again. She is getting faster and her over performance minus jumps were better here. She looks so different though. All I see mostly is upper body when she skaters now. I do admire how she is still trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    I think she is playing it safe in the early competitions because she may think she does not need the big jumps as of the moment and it is definitely wiser for her to play safe to prevent injuries.
    She already is injured; she needs knee surgery. That's why she's had to water down her jump content and not attempt 3Lutz and 3flip.

Custom Title
    Thank you DannyCurry for posting the link of Maé.
    Yes, I am getting VERY mad. Her TES score(=28.29) is 2nd and her PCS(=19.98) is last?
    Her SS, TR, PE, CH, IN are the worst of 12 skaters? Ridiculous.
    What were judges seeing?
    As a no expert, I usually try to understand reasonable reasons of judging but this time, this is not acceptable.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast