Ladies - Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sheesh I don't know how anyone who watched the Ladies SP yesterday can complain
about Carolina's score. Did you not see the skaters before her. The other ladies
in this competition are going to have to bring it up a few notches to match what Carolina
puts out on the ice. Of course this is only my humble opinion.

Anything can happen in the FS. I expect Rachael to come out fighting and move up.

Good Luck to all the Ladies.

katymay

Medalist
Funny you should say that....

It is weak by any measures. Women skating is regressing period.
The ladies winner here jumps comparable with what the ladies were doing 30 years ago. That is not progress. Sorry.

yes. i am giving the younger skater like Murakami some slack. Others , not so much.

Kristy Yamaguchi and Midori Ito would wipe this field off the map. 1992. Sad. Even Nancy Kerrigan wss a giant leap above these performances.

Scout

Final Flight
Kristy Yamaguchi and Midori Ito would wipe this field off the map. 1992. Sad. Even Nancy Kerrigan wss a giant leap above these performances.

Yu-Na Kim and Mao Asada would wipe this field off the map. 2010. Even Joannie Rochette was a giant leap above these performances. Sad? No. Just a weak field in the year after the Olympics.

(Yes...I am aware of Mao's recent skates this season).

katymay

Medalist
Caroline does neat contortion things, a skill one is born with. It would have served her better in the sport of gymnastics. She does not have power legs and she cannot jump at the level you need to be at. This will never change, you can either jump or you can't. The arm waving, steps, spins, polish etc. can be improved, but if you can't jump...you can't jump.

lavender

Record Breaker
I don't understand all these comments. Carolina skated clean and with so much more speed an everyone else. All of her elements were well executed. Why can't you just enjoy a god skate? You really think a shaky difficult tripple jump is so much more worth than another clean tripple? There are always been skaters who prefer one jump to another. I never get this difference. Some skaters can do great lutz but no loop. Is that so much better?
I think a clean program deserve positive GOE. Shaky elements deserve negative GOE.
The great footwork Carolina put on the ice yesterday deserved all that score. How many people do such footwork? And why should it not be revardet as much as a jump? There are more skaters who can jump tripples than skaters who can do great footwork!!!!
Carolina deserved to win by a mile. Yoshi did a great job, but has not the skating skills of Carolina. Carolina did a 3T, 2T, 3Loop and Yoshi a 3T, 2T, 3Luz. Yoshi got more points on the Luz an Caro on the Loop, but the step sequence of Carolina got more points than the one of Yoshi. I think the standings are right.

Not close to being a Carolina fan but ita...