Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Men - Long Program

Custom Title
    Love Adam but unfortunately he may have screwed himself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    So frustrating that Nobunari constantly makes these stupid rule-breaking mistakes. To me, he was the best jumper and spinner out there tonight.

I've always thought that Daisuke has been overmarked. He has great presence and is a fantastic dancer on the ice, but his spins and jumps are often very poor in quality, so I just don't get the love that he gets.
    Daisuke may not have the spins of a Lambiel or the jumps of a Kulik, but I think describing them as "often very poor in quality" is rather an over-exaggeration, no?

Besides, what gave Daisuke his gold tonight were his high PCS (you may argue that they are too high, but he deserved to win on PCS) and Nobunari's stupid extra combo, not his TES.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Um, Rippon screwed himself out of the GPF actually.

WEll, yes, that is correct. he was only 0.12 over Murakami in fact.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Um, Rippon screwed himself out of the GPF actually.
    Yep, Adam gave away a 6-point lead over Armin.....

Custom Title
    Adam was off in warm-up and he definitely looked like he psyched himself out after Armin's great skate/high score.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Takahashi and Oda! Congrats to Armin! Wow, Oda will probably never learn from it. It's sad that he keeps giving away what should have been his in this way. Never thought that Rippon won't medal. Maybe the pressure of being a favorite has gotten into him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Congratulations to Takahashi and Oda! Congrats to Armin! Wow, Oda will probably never learn from it. It's sad that he keeps giving away what should have been his in this way. Never thought that Rippon won't medal. Maybe the pressure of being a favorite has gotten into him.
    Yes, now that you say this i just remembered what Adam said today on CBC in his interview after his SP.

That he is very confident on his 3axel, as it goes well in practice and his error in the Sp was nothing serious and he is very honoured to skate on home soil being the top US seed man``....hm

Rinkside
    I do have to agree. Adam was the main reason I watched Skate America Live (I can normally do with watching them later. That and usually the time difference though I am going to try and catch Jeremy in Russia) but he psyched himself out I think. Armin did a fantastic job but he didn't 'screw' Adam out of anything. They are both young and hopefully they will kill at Nationals!

Custom Title
    As far as Armin goes, he was proud of his Nebelhorn 4th place this year, saying that was his best skate in his career, I am wondering whst he will say now???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Daisuke may not have the spins of a Lambiel or the jumps of a Kulik, but I think describing them as "often very poor in quality" is rather an over-exaggeration, no?

Besides, what gave Daisuke his gold tonight were his high PCS (you may argue that they are too high, but he deserved to win on PCS) and Nobunari's stupid extra combo, not his TES.
    I don't disagree that Daisuke should have the highest PCS of the evening, necessarily. But I do think they're too high. Daisuke has great energy, but he's just sloppy at times. He's an artist, but he's not a technician. I stand by the fact that his jumps just don't have the flow that others have - look how quickly he has to step out of his combinations. His spin positions are fairly middle of the road IMO as well. Given his huge technicial deficiencies - and despite his fantastic presentation skills - I just have a hard time standing behind his wins.

Custom Title
    I think the rule is really stupid. It should be changed to count the first jump of the extra combo, not the entire pass being ignored.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I don't disagree that Daisuke should have the highest PCS of the evening, necessarily. But I do think they're too high. Daisuke has great energy, but he's just sloppy at times. He's an artist, but he's not a technician. I stand by the fact that his jumps just don't have the flow that others have - look how quickly he has to step out of his combinations. His spin positions are fairly middle of the road IMO as well. Given his huge technicial deficiencies - and despite his fantastic presentation skills - I just have a hard time standing behind his wins.
    Me too. I actually felt Jeremy should have won NHK and Nobunari should have won Skate America. Takahashi IMO was sloppier than both Abbott and Oda in both events. Dai had more magic last season! I'm just not buying his programs as much this season. I'm still a fan of him though.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Nobu always finds ways to surprise us.
    You can say that again, LOL.
    Hope he surprises us with winning the Final.
    If possible with a beautiful 4-3-3 at the very end !

Custom Title
    Good experience for Rippon. He needs to know what it feels like to skate after someone who skates very well and receives a standing O.

Custom Title
    Hmm, after examining the protocols more closely, I would agree that 85 PCS is rather high for the performance Daisuke gave (looks like all those smoldering glances he kept shooting to the judges are working), I would've marked him a bit lower on PE and TR especially.

But about his TES, it's not like Daisuke's getting giant +2 or +3 GOEs on his jumps or spins--for instance, even the 3Lo he did well tonight received a mostly +1s for a total added GOE of 0.70--and overall in the LP, Daisuke only placed 5th on TES. I wouldn't say that he was terribly overmarked on TES, at least not tonight.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast