Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pairs Long Program Thread

Custom Title
    S/H need to mature. She looks like a kid and they have choppy stroking. Her jumps also seem tiny and she seems to two foot . I guess they could develop into the next big thing, but I dont see the smooth look that some of the young Russians have for instance.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    If Sui/Han do end up making the GPF final, it will be interesting to see what the Chinese Federation does as far as having them do one or the other, or both. Frankly, I don't see how they can do both competently. The schedule is:
    December 9 21:00 Junior Pairs SP
    December 10 20:35 Senior Pairs SP
    December 11 15:20 Junior Pairs FS and 20:40 Senior Pairs FS

That's 4 programs in about 48 hour time span. And the long programs are different time durations for jr vs sr. If the Federation chooses one, it may come down to how many world standings points they are likely to get--GPF and probable lower placement, vs JGPF and probably higher placement/medal.
    S/H will compete in junior final instead of senior final-- their coach LuanBo said.

Rinkside
    I can't agree to "S/H 's basic skill is poor"
    They have speed ,transition, the whole package.
    Which their weakness are the spins and her single jump(to my eyes, it's too low,just above the ice)

Custom Title
    S/H's basics ARE poor. Just take a look at her edges, in particular. I think the program is choreographed as busy to disguise their flaws, and it works well. Which is not to say that they don't have great elements or personality on the ice - but that doesn't mean that their basics don't need a lot of work.

I think calling them the best team in the world is a bit ludicrous at this point. Potential? Yes, they have it in spades. But her SBS are tiny and prone to under-rotation, the basics need work as I mentioned above, as well as in general unison and pairness. Those are things that come with time. I think they skate a bit "small" still which is understandable given their ages.

If she grows much, I can't see them being a suitable match, because he is so short. That said, I don't believe for a second that she is actually 15...

Custom Title
    For S/S's costume, I still don't get the pink. The Pink Panther is the name of the diamond, isn't it? Why the character in pink? Isn't she supposed to be the thief?

Custom Title
    S/H are moot at this point. As soon as pubery hits her that team will be done, she will have out grown him. Unless she finds another partner (very hard to do) I give them a year or two before they are out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4