Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The ladies had less falls than the men. Even if you remove Denis Ten from the equation.

The world's been flipped upside down!!!!

Trewyn

Medalist
Question about the GPF: Kostner and Murakami can keep Rachael out the GP Final because 11 + 15 > 13 + 13 right?

ETA: sorry, I didn't see PolymerBob's post!

lavender

Record Breaker
Rachel was in 4th in the short and she won the long. Who was suppose to win if Rach was that far behind in the short. We knew her pcs weren't going to be sky high to help her along with her tech. Do anyone think Carolina should have won with her skate?

Trewyn

Medalist
It still looks very likely that Rachael *will* make the final though... Two silvers is usually enough.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Rachel was in 4th in the short and she won the long. Who was suppose to win if Rach was that far behind in the short. We knew her pcs weren't going to be sky high to help her along with her tech. Do anyone think Carolina should have won with her skate?

I thought Caro would win - but no, I don't think she skated well enough in the LP.
Order seemed right to me - but as a big Kanako fan I admit I am biased and happy :)

Tanja90

On the Ice

no...carolina placement is right. but I would have flatt first and kanako second. rachel rocked the house tonight. I liked kanako but she should have been second.
Heartbroken for carolina...but better today than tomorrow! With the jump content she has she needed a clean program! but it's only the second competition of the year and I hope she will put this behind her!

chloepoco

Medalist
I haven't seen Kanako yet, but the comments here made instantly remember how someone predicted a win by Kanako based on the who the technical caller was... Hmm... Makes you think, these things do.

There's really not much to think about....Rachel won the LP; had she been higher in the SP, she would have won over all. Kanako did not win "based on who the technical caller was".

Trewyn

Medalist
Yep, she will make it most likely.

Looking at the GP standings, if I understand correctly, it will depend on the RC result. If the result is as follows:

1. Leonova
2. Makarova OR Suzuki - with a high score winning a tie-break with Rachael.
3. Ando

Then Rachael is out.. I think in all other scenarios she is in?

janetfan

Match Penalty
NBC said Rachael has tendonitis and that is why she did not do 3Lz+ 3Lo
For not being 100% Rachael did pretty well.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Looking at the GP standings, if I understand correctly, it will depend on the RC result. If the result is as follows:

1. Leonova
2. Makarova OR Suzuki - with a high score winning a tie-break with Rachael.
3. Ando

Then Rachael is out.. I think in all other scenarios she is in?

That needs Cisny to get bronze at TEB too. If Czisny is fourth, she'd be behind Flatt.

oleada

Record Breaker
Rachael also left a lot of points on the table with her spin levels. I think the whole caller thing is ridiculous, as Kanako got downgrades as well.

Rachael skated clean, but even when she skates clean, she's not exciting. She got 2 UR calls. Kanako bests her in spins, skating skills, audience connection and musicality. Kanako has charisma, and while Rachael seems like a lovely girl, she simply doesn't.

I actually found the judging throughout the competition, not just hte ladies, to be quite fair.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Whoa, with Kanako rising up in the ranks like this, the ladies event at Japanese Nationals is going to ruthless. I wonder who is going to be this season's Yukari?