Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 211

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

  1. #76
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Flat had two UR's and low pcs -
    ok. Again, no comment.

  2. #77
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,011
    The "Slaughter on 10th Avenue" curse continues. You are NOT allowed to win a figure skating competition with this music.

  3. #78
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Kanako not skating her best wins! I think Kanako got the biggest reaction from the crowd at both programs as well. So many empty seats when the camera scanned the crowd......

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    Sad for Kostner, but the TES was really low, she didn't do any combo and was overall not so convincing as yesterday! I hope she makes the gp final!!!
    Actually, Carolina is ahead of Rachael for the Final. By GP arithmetic, ( 1 + 3 ) > ( 2 + 2 ) .
    ( Whether it SHOULD be that way is another debate. )

  5. #80
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    So 2 URs knocked her out of it. Wow. I'm done.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    The ladies had less falls than the men. Even if you remove Denis Ten from the equation.

    The world's been flipped upside down!!!!

  7. #82
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,134
    Question about the GPF: Kostner and Murakami can keep Rachael out the GP Final because 11 + 15 > 13 + 13 right?

    ETA: sorry, I didn't see PolymerBob's post!

  8. #83
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    So 2 URs knocked her out of it. Wow. I'm done.
    Flatt is a jumper and needs more than 5 triples to win.
    That is nothing new so why the surprise?

  9. #84
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Question about the GPF: Kostner and Murakami can keep Rachael out the GP Final because 11 + 15 > 13 + 13 right?
    Yes.

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Actually, Carolina is ahead of Rachael for the Final. By GP arithmetic, ( 1 + 3 ) > ( 2 + 2 ) .
    ( Whether it SHOULD be that way is another debate. )
    thanks, I didn't know!

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    Rachel was in 4th in the short and she won the long. Who was suppose to win if Rach was that far behind in the short. We knew her pcs weren't going to be sky high to help her along with her tech. Do anyone think Carolina should have won with her skate?

  12. #87
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,134
    It still looks very likely that Rachael *will* make the final though... Two silvers is usually enough.

  13. #88
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Rachel was in 4th in the short and she won the long. Who was suppose to win if Rach was that far behind in the short. We knew her pcs weren't going to be sky high to help her along with her tech. Do anyone think Carolina should have won with her skate?
    I thought Caro would win - but no, I don't think she skated well enough in the LP.
    Order seemed right to me - but as a big Kanako fan I admit I am biased and happy

  14. #89
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    It still looks very likely that Rachael *will* make the final though... Two silvers is usually enough.
    Yep, she will make it most likely.

  15. #90
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,340
    Gosh, Kanako got two URs, an edge call and a 3F popped into a single, and she still won.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •