Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

On the Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Gosh, Kanako got two URs, an edge call and a 3F popped into a single, and she still won.
    The crowd liked her the best too - not that counts - but perhaps is a reflection on the pcs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Rachel was in 4th in the short and she won the long. Who was suppose to win if Rach was that far behind in the short. We knew her pcs weren't going to be sky high to help her along with her tech. Do anyone think Carolina should have won with her skate?
    no...carolina placement is right. but I would have flatt first and kanako second. rachel rocked the house tonight. I liked kanako but she should have been second.
    Heartbroken for carolina...but better today than tomorrow! With the jump content she has she needed a clean program! but it's only the second competition of the year and I hope she will put this behind her!

Custom Title
    Congratulations Kanako!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I haven't seen Kanako yet, but the comments here made instantly remember how someone predicted a win by Kanako based on the who the technical caller was... Hmm... Makes you think, these things do.
    There's really not much to think about....Rachel won the LP; had she been higher in the SP, she would have won over all. Kanako did not win "based on who the technical caller was".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Yep, she will make it most likely.
    Looking at the GP standings, if I understand correctly, it will depend on the RC result. If the result is as follows:

1. Leonova
    2. Makarova OR Suzuki - with a high score winning a tie-break with Rachael.
    3. Ando

Then Rachael is out.. I think in all other scenarios she is in?

NBC said Rachael has tendonitis and that is why she did not do 3Lz+ 3Lo
    For not being 100% Rachael did pretty well.

Custom Title
    Looking at the GP standings, if I understand correctly, it will depend on the RC result. If the result is as follows:

1. Leonova
    2. Makarova OR Suzuki - with a high score winning a tie-break with Rachael.
    3. Ando

Then Rachael is out.. I think in all other scenarios she is in?
    That needs Cisny to get bronze at TEB too. If Czisny is fourth, she'd be behind Flatt.

Custom Title
    Rachael also left a lot of points on the table with her spin levels. I think the whole caller thing is ridiculous, as Kanako got downgrades as well.

Rachael skated clean, but even when she skates clean, she's not exciting. She got 2 UR calls. Kanako bests her in spins, skating skills, audience connection and musicality. Kanako has charisma, and while Rachael seems like a lovely girl, she simply doesn't.

I actually found the judging throughout the competition, not just hte ladies, to be quite fair.

Custom Title
    Whoa, with Kanako rising up in the ranks like this, the ladies event at Japanese Nationals is going to ruthless. I wonder who is going to be this season's Yukari?

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    There's really not much to think about....Rachel won the LP; had she been higher in the SP, she would have won over all. Kanako did not win "based on who the technical caller was".
    Exactly! Besides, Amano is known to be strick to japanese skaters also. He constantly downgraded Mao's 3 axels when it looked pretty clean. If he was trying to held japanese skaters up, I don't think he would have called Kanako's 3F underrotated in SP. Also, Takahashi and Oda both got e on the 3lutz jumps here at skate america...

Custom Title
    A big fat boo to Carolina's scores again. I'd have Joshi in third over her. Kostner's technical content was, quite frankly, pathetic.

I actually preferred Rachael to Kanako this time around, and I wouldn't have minded had she won. Rachael rightfully won the LP, but I guess the jump error in the short really did her in.

Caroline's consistency has absolutely gone out the window, but at least her flip has finally been fixed. No -GOEs and even some pluses - not bad!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Well, I hadn't seen it yet, so I wasn't judging. I was just reflecting on the comments and the way people these days are sceptical about biased technical callers. People will always disagree about results and stuff like this just comes up. I personally have no opinion because my feeds were choppy and I didn't watch the SPs. Plus, I'm not a fan of either Rachael or Kanako, I truly couldn't care less. But I find it interesting that there's been so much controversy about the judging throughout the entire GP season so far. People not understanding the score is killing the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Rachael also left a lot of points on the table with her spin levels. I think the whole caller thing is ridiculous, as Kanako got downgrades as well.

Rachael skated clean, but even when she skates clean, she's not exciting. She got 2 UR calls. Kanako bests her in spins, skating skills, audience connection and musicality. Kanako has charisma, and while Rachael seems like a lovely girl, she simply doesn't.

I actually found the judging throughout the competition, not just hte ladies, to be quite fair.
    I think Rachael edged out Kanako on IN - Kanako was higher on the other pcs.

Down With It
    Well, I hadn't seen it yet, so I wasn't judging. I was just reflecting on the comments and the way people these days are sceptical about biased technical callers. People will always disagree about results and stuff like this just comes up. I personally have no opinion because my feeds were choppy and I didn't watch the SPs. Plus, I'm not a fan of either Rachael or Kanako, I truly couldn't care less. But I find it interesting that there's been so much controversy about the judging throughout the entire GP season so far. People not understanding the score is killing the sport.
    Thank you.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast