Thread: Favorite Progams of the Season thus far

Custom Title

Favorite Progams of the Season thus far

It is half way through the grand prix circuit and the jr grand prix is already completed. We seen almost everyone so far so what's your favorite programs this year?

To be honest, my favorite program so far is Risa Shoji's long program. It's fresh and very sophisticated for a 14 year old skater. I love the music, too. I don't know anyone else who's skated to it in the past. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvxZ3bdmc4

Custom Title
    Vanessa Lam.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-1XWXuvh8I

Now that's fantastic skating. Her jumps are quite scary, I must say. But the rest are just fantastic.

Carolina Kostner SP, Alissa Czisny LP, Adam Rippon SP, FP and Tomas Verner FP.

My favorite so far:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-w4ZKK93sM

Even the fall was improved..lol..(compared to the type of falls she used to take, often.) Hope she can keep it up at TEB.

Custom Title
    For men: Nobunari Oda (his sp is very Ninja like and his LP is so classic, leaving Morozov is really good choice!)
    For lady: Risa Shoji (love love love her long program)
    Last edited by treeloving; 12-24-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    oddly there are just not that many great programs this year. I have to say Christina Gao's SP is a favorite, Aliona and Robin's SP and Dai's SP are my favs. Abbott's freeskate is perfct for him...still waiting for a clean performance though. Davis and White's and the Shibanutis have the best dance programs easily.

Custom Title
    To me, the runaway great programs are Kavaguti/Smirnov's LP and Crone/Poirier's FD. Nothing else really comes close.

Alissa's free skate

Armin M.'s free skate

Custom Title
    Shibutani's Free Dance

Alissa's LP, and her exhibition program

Abbott's LP suits him, but I'm not sure it's a World podium program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyfranz View Post
    Kawaguti/Smirnov has the best FP of all pairs. The choreography is superb and their looking more comfortable than ever before.
    I totally agree!

Rogue Leader
    D&W FD. I also quite enjoy C&P's FD, even though it's regularly panned here, and P&B's Chaplin FD. I like Takahashi's SP. I like Csizny's FD, and both programs of S&S in pairs.

Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyfranz View Post

In the dances, no one excite me. Davis/White should work on interpretation and aristiry, their weak areas as the judges have indicated throughout their career, but instead they go to work on the technical details again. If they cannot put interpretation and artistic intent in choreography, what's the use the impact of choreography ? Crone/Poirier look like more "junior" with the advanced senior teams who compete with them and they are not a strong a pair as either of them. They are like look their teammates, Weaver/Poje. For this year it seem Crone/Poirier have trouble investing to the maximum to give the choregoraphy its intended Dean effect. It is skated through but does not reach into me like it should. It seems all the ice dancers are lackluster this season
    I think that D/W's FD is perfect for them to improve their artisty and connection. A tango requires strong commitment and interpretation, but because it is highly technical it allows them to work on their weaknesses while still highlighting their strengths. I love C/P FD, but their performance of it seems to get more lackluster every time out.

Custom Title
    For pair: Xenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
    Very original and creative.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    For pair: Xenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
    Very original and creative.
    Glad someone mentioned this team. It's not an all time list program or anything, but there's creativity here.