Dancing With The Stars - Anyone Watching??? | Golden Skate

Dancing With The Stars - Anyone Watching???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wondered if anyone saw the show last night?? I was shocked that Brandy got the boot. One of the reasons I wanted her to stay is Maks, I love watching him. :love: :love:
Your thoughts.

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
Any show that allows viewers to vote is going to have results like this. I can remember when Sabrina Bryan was eliminated early on in Season 5. Totally shocking, but in retrospect, I shouldn't have been surprised.

That having been said, the judges on this show aren't much better. They gave both Bristol and Brandy all 9s for one of their dances the night before. Even with there being a bit of a difference in the scores on the other dance, that was way to close given the huge difference in quality of dance displayed. Since the judges' votes count for half, it didn't take that many more votes for Bristol than Brandy to keep Bristol safe.

And yes, I watch because of the pros, too. My favorite dancers are Maks and Mark. Derek is extremely talented, but a bit too arrogant.

Johar

Medalist
I also watch, especially for Maks! Brandy was far superior to Bristol Palin, so it goes without saying that tea partier are voting Palin in week after week.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess it wouldn't be out of line to say that Bristol could win.

If she does, I am not going to say I won't watch anymore because then I would have to say I won't watch Maks and I am not going to do that. When that guy dances, he stretches out so much and exaggerates his movements. It is a joy to watch him. Johar & MrScroogeMcDuck did either of you see Mak's brother??? Wow!!!

Also Johar I haven't seen you for a little while ..... Just wondering what you thought of Zenyetta???

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I also watch, especially for Maks! Brandy was far superior to Bristol Palin, so it goes without saying that tea partier are voting Palin in week after week.

Alaska in general is voting as well, just because OMG an Alaskan is on the show, that like NEVER HAPPENS lol

and then there are those voting groups that vote for the worst...

Johar

Medalist
I guess it wouldn't be out of line to say that Bristol could win.

If she does, I am not going to say I won't watch anymore because then I would have to say I won't watch Maks and I am not going to do that. When that guy dances, he stretches out so much and exaggerates his movements. It is a joy to watch him. Johar & MrScroogeMcDuck did either of you see Mak's brother??? Wow!!!

Also Johar I haven't seen you for a little while ..... Just wondering what you thought of Zenyetta???

I am very saddened she lost her last satrt, but even in defeat she went out a champion. No other horse in training could have made up so much ground and finish 2nb by a neck. I'll make a post on my trip to the BC! Thanks for remembering me.

Johar

Medalist
C'mon Kyle or Jennifer. Please don't let Bristol win! Loved Kyle's free dance!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Overall I have to admit I still love DWTS! This morning I really enjoyed seeing the finalists on Good Morning America. The pros always make it seem so fun and though I know it is grueling physically to be a dance pro I'm glad a certain segment of these hard working people get to enjoy success on a show like DWTS. DWTS I think is the best (if there can be a best!) of the type of show that is popular today, meaning reality shows and their ilk. At least on Dancing the contestants are actually learning to do something worthwhile -- dancing is an art and entertaining and physically demanding. So even though we have to put up with the popularity contest public voting part of it, still the show is focused on something that is (mostly) positive.

I will also admit to being glad Bristol P. didn't win because frankly I don't think the quality of her dancing was anywhere near that of the other finalists. It just wasn't. She didn't even look like she was having fun or putting much expression into it this morning on the performance on GMA, with the competition pressure off. Mark really had to work a lot (of course I realize all the pros do) to put energy into their dances, I thought.

Glad for Jennifer, I will never forget the spunky girl from Dirty Dancing or the tomboy/scientist sailor from Wind. Kyle was just plain fun and I liked the Schmerkle (sp?) bucking of the trend of combining names, it was cute.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Bristol was bad. She was everything that good dancing and performing is NOT about.

Poor Max - the guy can't catch a break. I still remember how he and Mel B should have won, how last season Erin was up against Nicole and Evan, and how this season Brandy was atleast the second best Dancer yet finished fourth. :eek:

It is not so easy to find worse results than what we see on DWTS - unless one is a figure skating fan :)

I don't fault the viewers who vote for whoever they want to, like Alaskans voting for Bristol Palin out of state pride or whatever. That is what you sign up for when you do one of these audience vote things.

But I greatly fault the judges for saying that bad dancing is good and for giving high marks for terrible performances.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Dancing with the stars

There needs to be some kind of way to change the voting system. There's big fraud with all the way people can vote. Bristol winning over the dancer that was the best the week before was terrible. Getting all the tea partiers able to vote many more times was ridiculous. Bristol should never have been third. She was still terrible. I was even disgusted at the judges giving her the higher marks than she deserved. I still love the show and hope things are more fair next time. I understand popularity but am really disgusted the way it went. If things don't improve next time, I will probably not watch.
I'm even madder than my "mild" post displays. :scowl: LOL

heyang

Record Breaker
Overall I have to admit I still love DWTS! This morning I really enjoyed seeing the finalists on Good Morning America. The pros always make it seem so fun and though I know it is grueling physically to be a dance pro I'm glad a certain segment of these hard working people get to enjoy success on a show like DWTS. DWTS I think is the best (if there can be a best!) of the type of show that is popular today, meaning reality shows and their ilk. At least on Dancing the contestants are actually learning to do something worthwhile -- dancing is an art and entertaining and physically demanding. So even though we have to put up with the popularity contest public voting part of it, still the show is focused on something that is (mostly) positive.

I will also admit to being glad Bristol P. didn't win because frankly I don't think the quality of her dancing was anywhere near that of the other finalists. It just wasn't. She didn't even look like she was having fun or putting much expression into it this morning on the performance on GMA, with the competition pressure off. Mark really had to work a lot (of course I realize all the pros do) to put energy into their dances, I thought.

Glad for Jennifer, I will never forget the spunky girl from Dirty Dancing or the tomboy/scientist sailor from Wind. Kyle was just plain fun and I liked the Schmerkle (sp?) bucking of the trend of combining names, it was cute.

Totally agree wtih you.

I also thought Kyle was a deserving finalist. His dancing improved. He was always entertaining and enjoying the experience. The kid's got a lot of natural charisma. Hopefully he can get some non-Disney work that will allow him to develop his skills beyond mugging for the camera.

heyang

Record Breaker
There needs to be some kind of way to change the voting system. There's big fraud with all the way people can vote. Bristol winning over the dancer that was the best the week before was terrible. Getting all the tea partiers able to vote many more times was ridiculous. Bristol should never have been third. She was still terrible. I was even disgusted at the judges giving her the higher marks than she deserved. I still love the show and hope things are more fair next time. I understand popularity but am really disgusted the way it went. If things don't improve next time, I will probably not watch.
I'm even madder than my "mild" post displays. :scowl: LOL

LOL - my mother totally agrees with you. For the past 2 weeks, I've had to hear her grumble about Bristol being a bad dancer (as compared to the other top dancers.) If Bristol had won, I would've considered running away from home until my mother calmed down.

As for voting, the producers of the show claim that they check the # of votes by IP address. If they didnt' this year, I have a feeling they'll be fixing it for next season.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think what irritated me the most was I couldn't watch Maks dance anymore. I thought Bristol was a big cry baby and poor Mark for having to put up with her. I will say that Bristol was better than Kate. Bristol is a beautiful girl but her personality leaves a lot to be desired. I felt sorry for Brandy because I thought she was doing excellent. One of the things that has always confused me is that the judges sometimes blame the non-professional dancer for things that should be placed on the professional. An example was Carrie Ann talking about the beats that Maks didn't place dance steps in.....what???? are you kidding me....so what.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Bristol gets a lot of comments about her personality that reall belong to her mother. Bristol is pretty normal - by Alaskan standards - in attitude/personality. Her mother's the stuck up drama queen, more so than Bristol who is a teenager who is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yeah she is riding on mama's coattails, but honestly what else is she going to do? She got a legit job up here after the baby was born and then became a tourist attraction and quit her job. It was INSANE. reality tv seems to be the only place where she'd be protected.