Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plush's Interview, Plush's Biellmann

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Plush's Interview, Plush's Biellmann

Here's a link to a translation of post COR interview with Plush.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&threadid=8789

The above is the article (thanks Mathman)

There is also a vote on whether Plush should keep the Biellmann.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&threadid=8795

By the way, I would rather he dropped it, especially since he said it is painful to his back. He is so far ahead in every competition, that the point or two he gets from it is immaterial.

Doris

Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-27-2003 at 10:30 AM.

Doris - I am not a member of FSU. If I were I would definitely vote 'get rid of the Bielman Spin'. The spin is like a wrestling match. Too much struggle with the arms to get the skates and what is the result: A posiition the Cirque du Soleil would reject. Imo, it is ugly. It does nothing for Plush who really should be working on a true sitzspin and not the thing he does.

Joe

Thanks, Doris. Here's the link to the translation (by Trinity at FSU):

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&threadid=8789

I hope that Plushenko and his coach made the right decision about postponing surgery.

Mathman

Skating Freak Barbie
    Dump the Bielmann and get stronger overall spins! Maybe Plush could spend a week with Todd Eldredge! :D Not sure what it is, but it seems like a lot of the Russian men in the last ten years even have had rather slow, weak spins.

I hope that delaying the surgery is the right move. This could well have been a 'throwaway' year for him, he could have gotten surgery and spent the season recovering fully. I hope he doesn't injure himself further.

Kasey

Custom Title
    I agree "get rid of the Biellmann spin". I personally don't like that spin. Be it a guy or a girl doing it. I also think Todd could do wonders helping him with spins.

cb

Thanks Mathman. I was able to see the interview. Plush has some heart in him. He describes Yags as a good competitor. I like that. I was also glad to see that he doesn't like the Bielman. However, if he has surgery and it is arhroscopic he must give the requisite rest it deserves. Otherwise it will lead to severe arthritus and more difficult surgery. I'm sure he is well aware of this. The Bielman spin will be much easier than a sitzspin. Good luck to Evgeni.

Joe

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Plushenko should "scrap" the Bielman, especially with Sean Sawyer doing such a perfect one. I could not find a picture of Sean in the Bielman spin, but this spiral shows his beautiful line.

http://www.scratchspin.com/2002/stne...s-0201635A.jpg

(Edited by Mathman -- The image is copyrighted by photographer Andrea Chempinski. To view it, click on the link to her site.)
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-28-2003 at 07:25 PM.

Skater Girl
    Interesting! He certainly is a charming, nice guy. I don't like the Beillmann either, since he looks like he's in pain doing it. His sit spins have gotten better though. I really wish he'd take care of that darned knee. :(

Lad, WHOA! Great pic, thanks. Can he hold that position for long, btw?

As for Plushy's Biellmann, I say: get rid of it before you hurt yourself. His ribs stick out so much, and he's not even in the full position:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/23214292

I think we should have a poll about it, too.

Kasey: I hope that delaying the surgery is the right move. This could well have been a 'throwaway' year for him, he could have gotten surgery and spent the season recovering fully. I hope he doesn't injure himself further.
    I have to say that I am worried about that a little. Is he really going to be in recovery for 7 months after he has that surgery? (so I heard -- I didn't read the interview, because I don't want to be spoiled; I'm waiting for tv broadcasts of everything after SC... and yeah, yeah, I think that I already know how Plush did ) That's an awful amount of time for a skater like him.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I was watching 98 Worlds with a friend about a week ago, and we could NOT stop raving about Plush's sitspin. It goes ALL the way down, it's fast and centered. Of course, he was 15. But he is capable of doing a great sitspin (not that I think his current one is terrible, but it could absolutely be lower), and in some competitions, it's better than others.

Personally, I love his Biellman, it's what caught my eye about his skating when he was first on the scene. However, I've seen him skate programs without it (Worlds QR this year), and I still love his skating. If he gets rid of the Biellman, I hope he keeps the donut spin; it's fantastic.

When Shawn Sawyer makes it to Worlds, then Plush can worry about comparisons. But poor Shawn, he's never going to be able to do that spin without someone mentioning Plush, just like, at the moment, no one can do footwork without someon mentioning Yagudin....

Laura

happy thanksgiving!

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc

shawn sawyer's biellmann

WOW

Shawn Sawyer's Biellmann

I think his Biellmann is better than Irina's, but not as good as Sasha, Denise, Natalie, or Lucinda

Custom Title
    yes,the guy has a heart he is not a robot after all I'm sure he is doing what's best for him.

Has everybody seen the December Blades on Ice? It has two gorgeous pictures of our boy Evgeny, one on the cover and another representing June on the enclosed calendar (Michelle is on the facing page, for July, LOL). The calendar also has a lovely picture of Fumie (September, even though her birthday is in December (?) and a super-cute Sasha (April), looking back over her shoulder.

The cover story is a long article about Plushenko by regular BOI contributor Alexandra Stevenson. Ms. Stevenson writes:

"He is at the peak of his technical abilities, a blond Adonis with the face and flawless pink and white complexion of a mischievous cherub painted by Rubens."

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/...nia/cherub.jpg

So there you have it.

Mathman
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-28-2003 at 03:19 PM.

Go NJ Devils
    And Plushenko's coloring is that beautiful and his skin that flawless in person. I saw it from about six feet away in Malmo, where he was signing autographs.

Custom Title
    he certainly has beautiful hair and skin.:D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast