Cup of Russia Short Dance Preview and Virtual Program: Friday, Nov. 19, 12:50 PM EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Cup of Russia Short Dance Preview and Virtual Program: Friday, Nov. 19, 12:50 PM EST

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It [Faiella's skirt] looked some 18" shorter to me.

I think she should ditch that costume. It is SO unbecoming to her, and the short skirt destroys the reference to the Ascot costume in the MFL film. She just looks frumpy---the opposite of how the elegant Audrey Hepburn looked.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There probably was no time to have a new costume made.

I've wondered right along why she wasn't using the Embassy Ball section of My Fair Lady rather than Ascot. All I can remember about the Ascot scene is Eliza exhorting her chosen horse to "Come on, Dover, Move Your Bloomin' ****"

Not quite the ice dance moment of the musical. Now the Embassy Ball :love:

Especially if you had the part where she is dancing with Professor Zoltan Karpathy who "oils his way around the floor" that is described in the song "You Did It".

Last edited:

Ituriel

On the Ice
Katia told in the interview that they decided not to act the storyline of the song, she is beautiful but a bit frivolous girl and he is a jealous man, but everything ends good and nobody kills no one ))

Billie Jean is about a men who denies his kid, and I didn't see the theme in Meryl & Charlie EX program. A different circumstances, but I can use the analogy.

Dalilah is a little odd, but seems that works for them.

And now :cry::cry: :cry: for Elena and Nikita :no:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you!

Ice Network has the on-demand version of the short dance up, now.

I finally got to watch Paul & Islam's short dance. The way they do the twizzles is very balletic and very nice, particularly the way they handle their arms. And their Golden Waltz looked very good,too. Perhaps a bit slow, but almost entirely accurate. However, when they had the mess up early in the midlines step, and there was a fall, they completely lost the script and frittered away time until the start of the next element. They did not cover the problem well.

This is youth, I think. I&K's fall was similar.

However, it does show the advantage of more experienced skaters. When F&S fell twice last week, they got going into something resembling a dance very quickly. When D&W both fell in their transitional move in 2 beats they were back to a script. I suspect some very crafty teaching goes on that prepares dancers for the eventuality of falling. Or they learn to think very fast on their feet.

Last edited: