Ladies - Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

fairly4

Medalist
interesting skate-her one spin was bad-sloppy, nice skate though. nice to see her in 1st

Last edited:

Shaba22

Final Flight
Results:
1 Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) 57.43
2 Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) 56.84
3 Ashley WAGNER (USA) 56.17
4 Sofia BIRYUKOVA (RUS) 54.99
5 Miki ANDO (JPN) 54.00
6 Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) 53.61
7 Myriane SAMSON (CAN) 53.26
8 Ksenia MAKAROVA (RUS) 52.93
9 Alena LEONOVA (RUS) 46.61
10 Elena GLEBOVA (EST) 45.78

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I know that I'm guilty of mentioning this the last season, but please someone give Miki a decent costume and costume designer! Agggg...

Seriously, with her leather gloves & asymmetircal shoulder ornaments, she look like a Dominatrix!

The difference between Akiko & Miki in terms of costuming are truly staggering. With Akiko everything is nicely coordinated, including her hair style, hair dresses and earings. She looks very nice and polished.

Sigh...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yay for Akiko. There is something about her …

Loved the program except for the slow spins. Don't know if she ever tries 3-3 combination?

3 flip 2 toe
3 lutz
2 axel

1# place

Pretty close among the ladies. Eight of them 52.93 or more.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yey! Not surprised to see Akiko in first. Very nice score. Congrats to her and good luck keeping it up in the long.

Agnes and Ashley right behind her and might just pull off gold :) Good luck to them in the long.

Poor Miki. Don't get what happened but whatever she is doing this season seems not be working for her at all. Still, watch out for her to knock Agnes or Ashley off the podium if she skates her best in the free and they falter.

What happened to Ksenia?? I didn't watch....

Tanja90

On the Ice
Yey! Not surprised to see Akiko in first. Very nice score. Congrats to her and good luck keeping it up in the long.

Agnes and Ashley right behind her and might just pull off gold :) Good luck to them in the long.

Poor Miki. Don't get what happened but whatever she is doing this season seems not be working for her at all. Still, watch out for her to knock Agnes or Ashley off the podium if she skates her best in the free and they falter.

The flip was underrotated..I'm sure 100%..I'm sorry for her!
I like alena's program..pity about the mistakes!
Akiko was the best today! really nice program!!
Really good skate from valentina!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I liked Akiko a lot, American girls and Miki not that much. Agnes should work harder on her skating skills, she was the slowest.
I must say, after that brilliant skate from Sofia, I'm not sure that Alena Leonova will go to Euros this season...

dlgpffps

Final Flight
1st-8th place separated by only 4.5 points! Anyone could medal!

Yes, Miki and Ksenia are not out yet. My podium was Miki, Akiko and Ksenia in that order. Stick by that. A lot of unproven skaters showing potential (just starting to watch videos). A big mix-up between the 1st & 2nd groups. This might turn out to be one of the more interesting GPs.

volk

Final Flight
I am very impressed with BIRYUKOVA. But she usually bombs her LP. Hopefully this time will be different.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Has anyone found any clips? My feed was awful. I couldn't even tell if Akiko landed her jumps until I read the posts.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Most surprising is probably Ando. But there's still 2/3 of the comp left. It will be either her or Suzuki, I think.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Most surprising is probably Ando. But there's still 2/3 of the comp left. It will be either her or Suzuki, I think.

It's true, Ando could still win. But what is UP with her? She hasn't been fulfilling expectations for quite a while now. I'm suprised to see her that low with a relatively clean program but I'm not shocked. I thought she was suppposed to be concentrating on her jumps these season and trying to outclass the field in that department ... that is certainly not happening.

lavender

Record Breaker
Miki won a gp so something good is happening for her but she isn't getting the scores that she use to. If she skates good enough she will probably be on the stand. She's more consistent than anyone there really. However I don't think she skates with the interest that she use to. She certainly isn't given the programs to vault to the top in the short program. I don't know why Miki accepts the programs that NM presents to her.