Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Overall strange results.. not Akiko being in 1st, but some of the other placements

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Has anyone found any clips? My feed was awful. I couldn't even tell if Akiko landed her jumps until I read the posts.

Down With It
    Most surprising is probably Ando. But there's still 2/3 of the comp left. It will be either her or Suzuki, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Most surprising is probably Ando. But there's still 2/3 of the comp left. It will be either her or Suzuki, I think.
    It's true, Ando could still win. But what is UP with her? She hasn't been fulfilling expectations for quite a while now. I'm suprised to see her that low with a relatively clean program but I'm not shocked. I thought she was suppposed to be concentrating on her jumps these season and trying to outclass the field in that department ... that is certainly not happening.

Custom Title
    Miki won a gp so something good is happening for her but she isn't getting the scores that she use to. If she skates good enough she will probably be on the stand. She's more consistent than anyone there really. However I don't think she skates with the interest that she use to. She certainly isn't given the programs to vault to the top in the short program. I don't know why Miki accepts the programs that NM presents to her.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Miki won a gp so something good is happening for her but she isn't getting the scores that she use to. If she skates good enough she will probably be on the stand. She's more consistent than anyone there really. However I don't think she skates with the interest that she use to. She certainly isn't given the programs to vault to the top in the short program. I don't know why Miki accepts the programs that NM presents to her.
    She seems a bit lost. However, good point about her being more consistent that the others in this competition. Since she hasn't been particularly consistent for months now, I didn't really think of it that way. But you are right. Akiko and Ashley are even less consistent. Ksenia and Agnes - it's a bit hard to judge as this is their first senior season so I have to give them a pass for not knocking every performance out of the park. They're not the favorites. Miki is. Or should be.

Custom Title
    I bet only one person in the top 3 medals and it will be Suzuki. Ando will medal. Bet Makarova does well.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I bet only one person in the top 3 medals and it will be Suzuki. Ando will medal. Bet Makarova does well.
    I had similar thoughts ... but too cowardly to make bets. However if most of these girls skate clean, that's the way I think it will go too. Oh what the heck. Just for fun:

1. Akiko
    2. Ando
    3. Ksenia

but go Ashely and Agnes -prove me wrong!!

Custom Title
    If Agnes has a pretty good long she will medal. I think she is more likely to medal than Ashley.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    I am very impressed with BIRYUKOVA. But she usually bombs her LP. Hopefully this time will be different.
    I really enjoyed her skating also. Both my daughter and I thought she had beautiful arms. Her triple triple was gorgeous as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    I really enjoyed her skating also. Both my daughter and I thought she had beautiful arms. Her triple triple was gorgeous as well.
    The girl is really beautiful. She has gorgeous lines, posture and arms, also very good basics and maybe the best jump technique there. I wish she will skate like this tomorrow too!
    And I'm a big fan of her coach, congrats to Viktoria! She retired only 3 years ago and already has very nice stidents

On the Ice
    Im surprised by some of the placements as well!

I thought Myriane skated beautifully. Very strong. And a stronger Combo! Glad she beat her SkateCanada mark...but still not high enough i think.

Thoughts?

Also Ashley being placed so high? I do think a jump should be fully rotated...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefancan View Post
    Also Ashley being placed so high? I do think a jump should be fully rotated...
    She got full credit for her 3F-3T and I found it strange, cause it was obviously underrotated. She got "e" for her lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    She got full credit for her 3F-3T and I found it strange, cause it was obviously underrotated. She got "e" for her lutz
    Me too. I thought it was two footed.

Congrats to Akiko, Agnes and Ashley.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 11-19-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    The girl is really beautiful. She has gorgeous lines, posture and arms, also very good basics and maybe the best jump technique there. I wish she will skate like this tomorrow too!
    And I'm a big fan of her coach, congrats to Viktoria! She retired only 3 years ago and already has very nice stidents
    I'm impressed with Volchkova's coaching abilities so far - her students (I'm thinking Korobeynikova & Biryukova, don't think I've seen others) are very musical, elegant and polished. She's doing a wonderful job with them.

I'm glad she had a great skate here, hope she keeps it up tomorrrow.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast