Ladies - Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does two-footing a jump automatically mean it's underrotated by more than a quarter turn? I know two-footing is a bad habit of Ashley's; it bugs me because it's so visible a mistake! But I'm glad she got full credit for the triple-triple (even though I agree it looked clearly two-footed) because I feel like she needed some encouragement to go for that combination in competition.

According to the protocol posted by Kutien below, Ashley got credit for rotating the 3/3, but she got -GOE for the doublefooting on the combo.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Anybody have a link to Ashley? Good for her for trying and rotating the 3-3. She has problems with two-foot landings which obviously detracts but at least it's not as costly as a UR.

bibi

On the Ice
Ashley has a new short program dress? It looked great but I wonder why she changed it..

Layfan

Record Breaker
^ Thanks! Ashley looked lovely. I wonder if that is her costume for the season or it's a place holder. It's so simple but she looked gorgeous in it.

Ashley's not a pretzel but she really has very nice extension and I always love the way she holds out her moves. I'm glad to hear she was pleased with that performance and I hope she does well tomorrow.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good luck to them all in the FS, even if I'm not too sure I'll watch, I'd rather sleep (same as the SPs, I'd rather sleep).

Here's hoping the last GP comes on at a reasonable time for those like me whom live in the PNW. :)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
On Universal Sports, Andrea and Tara repeatedly said Miki was injured and they thought she would withdraw from the competition. They said she decided to compete anyway because she doesn't need to win to advance to the final.
For that, I say, good job Miki.

Akiko should get over 60 for that SP. What a shame.
Thanks goodness her PCS is the highest of the ladies.

Ashley's 3-3 should be downgraded. It was obvious she was short of rotation. I mean, they called Miki's 3F, which on slow mo, looks questionable, and can go either way depending on the caller.

In term of GOE, Miki's 3F got a -1 out of 3.7 points. Ashley got -1 out of 9.4 points. That's insane. Her flaw was much more apparent. We need better rules.