Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cup of Russia FD Preview and Virtual Program, Sat. Nov. 20; 12:40 PM EST

Custom Title
    "I'd like to see the Russian fed send a different 3rd place person to Worlds & Euros! I'd like to see another performance by the 4 top Russian teams this season and can't bear to think of any of them have their season end at Russian Nationals."

Unfortunately Russia has only 2 spots for worlds. I believe the best 2 teams at the Europeans will go to worlds.(or the silver and gold medalists from nationals). I believe Bobrova/Soloviev are in, though, so the battle will be for the one spot remaining.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That is very sad, with so many talented teams there. It is too bad neither K&N nor D&S were in physical shape to make it to Worlds to secure the 3rd spot for the new kids.

Canada and the US may have the same problem this coming year, with S&B and V&M out. Although each country still has great teams, it's hard to get 13 or less points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That is very sad, with so many talented teams there. It is too bad neither K&N nor D&S were in physical shape to make it to Worlds to secure the 3rd spot for the new kids.

Canada and the US may have the same problem this coming year, with S&B and V&M out. Although each country still has great teams, it's hard to get 13 or less points.
    That is true, but, based on what we have seen so far in the season, Canada might make it there, which could've been close to impossible a year ago, without V/M.
    Even if the Kerr's recover, C/P might be defeating them ( I have no idea how the brits would've scored in that FD without the error in the lift, but the gap was large in the FD, while in the SD they were even).
    If Massimo's back will be a problem (?), C/P might end up 3rd in the world this year.
    And based on what I have seen so far, W/P could make their first top 10 finish.
    Same goes for the US, D/W will be a sure top 1-2, and for either C/Z or Shib's not to be able to make the top 11 it is quite hard to imagine.
    Last edited by herios; 11-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I just never like to claim victory before it is achieved. I do think D/W and P/B have distinguished themselves from the rest and should be fighting for 1&2.

I too think W/P and C/P should be able to make 13 points-However, I do not expect C/P to beat either Kerrs or F/S at Worlds. And it is unclear how any of these teams they will match up with Bobrova/Soloviev. C/P have to skate as they did at Skate Canada, and not as they did at Skate America if they want that bronze medal. In fact, I would not be surprised to see them as low as 5th at Worlds. Then the question is can W/P score lower than 8th? I think they get the 3 spots in pretty much all cases, but it does make me nervous for them.

We will see how it's going for them at the GPF-how they match up with B/S will tell the tale as to whether they have a good shot at the bronze at Worlds. It is clear the C/P will finish at least 4th at GPF, though, and I hope 3rd.

I'm thinking W/P will easily do better than H/Z or C/Z at GPF and so not finish last. However, at Worlds, they could be passed by the Shibs (in which case the US gets 3 spots), almost surely. And we'll have to wait for TEB to see where to expect C/Z to finish. If they beat C/J and go to the GPF, I think they will make top 10 at Worlds, so no matter what happens to the Shibs, the US will get their 3 spots.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4