Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    What does the GPF picture look like? I thought Czisny was in good shape if she podiumed, outside chance if she placed 4th.
    I am also wondering if Rachael Flatt has a good shot of going to the Grand Prix Final. I personally would like to see her there, but don't know what her chances are at this point.

Banned
    Miki given a huge gift. I have no idea how her TES were so high for that.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsasha View Post
    Standings so far (i think):
    Miki Ando 30
    Carolina Kostner 26
    Kanako Murakami 26
    Akkiko Suzuki 26
    Rachael Flatt 26

Alissa is in good shape if she makes it to the podium, but if Ksenia had gotten the silver here it would have put more pressure on Alissa to rank higher in France. Now, even if she is 4th, she will probably still make it.
    Ah. What about the others mentioned though? Seems to me that out of all of them, Czisny is the only one with an actual win, which means that all she has to do in France is place top 4...and we look at the field and if bad Alyssa shows up, is that still feasible? Nagasu- she seems to be a strong SP skater, but it all depends on whether she lays another egg in the FS. Asada should win this one convincingly...at least on paper. Then you have outside shots like Korpi and Phaneuf, and I'd think they'd have to have great skates in order to make it.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Miki given a huge gift. I have no idea how her TES were so high for that.
    Her and Kostner...you know, really, it's no surprise. I'm used to it now.

Custom Title
    Congrats to all the medalists, I'm especially glad that Akiko did so well and made it to the GPF!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    I am also wondering if Rachael Flatt has a good shot of going to the Grand Prix Final. I personally would like to see her there, but don't know what her chances are at this point.
    I think after what happened today, she's safely in. The only thing is if Czisny wins TEB (or places 2nd), then she'll rank above those with 26 points. I don't know if a tie-break would then be necessary or not. Perhaps someone who has kept track of all this can shed some light. I take it that Rachel is all but guaranteed in, though. With her injury, however, who knows if she'll be able to go or not.

skating philosopher
    I think after what happened today, she's safely in. The only thing is if Czisny wins TEB (or places 2nd), then she'll rank above those with 26 points. I don't know if a tie-break would then be necessary or not. Perhaps someone who has kept track of all this can shed some light. I take it that Rachel is all but guaranteed in, though. With her injury, however, who knows if she'll be able to go or not.
    I just posted my take on the GPF Ladies Prospects thread. Rachel is pretty safe. As of right now, Ashley is actually on the top six (thanks to the implosions by both Leonova and Markorva).

Custom Title
    Rachel is guaranteed. The people who have enough points to have a chance at the GPF only finished 4th at their first GPs (Mirai, Cynthia, Kiira), and thus cannot beat Rachael as their first placement already equals Rachael's two. If Alissa really implodes, though, even Haruka Imai could make it in, and I wouldn't put that past her..hope I'm wrong!

Can anyone find a video of Agnes/Akiko's FS? The person who uploaded everyone else's didn't upload theirs...or T/T or K/S's FS, for that matter.
    Last edited by burntBREAD; 11-20-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Custom Title
    What happen to Miki's Back. Did she get injury in warm-ups or did it happen some other time.

Custom Title
    From what I've seen, if the JSF doesn't send Akiko to Worlds as one of their three slots, they are silly. I don't see much case to send Kute Kid Kanako when you've got a pretty solid Adult Lady Akiko. I'm actually seeing more weaknesses right now with Miki and Mao's skating--maybe Kanako should replace one of them if Miki's injury lingers or worsens, or if Mao can't get her act together. Strange world we live in....

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    From what I've seen, if the JSF doesn't send Akiko to Worlds as one of their three slots, they are silly. I don't see much case to send Kute Kid Kanako when you've got a pretty solid Adult Lady Akiko. I'm actually seeing more weaknesses right now with Miki and Mao's skating. Strange world we live in....
    Japanese nationals is going to be interesting for sure! I think we'll have a better idea when we see Mao at TEB next week.

Too much hype over Ksenia - she is a pleasant skater - but her jumps would make it hard for her to make the Jr GPF let alone senior GPF.

Alena looks lost - typical Russian Ladies, no?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    From what I've seen, if the JSF doesn't send Akiko to Worlds as one of their three slots, they are silly. I don't see much case to send Kute Kid Kanako when you've got a pretty solid Adult Lady Akiko. I'm actually seeing more weaknesses right now with Miki and Mao's skating--maybe Kanako should replace one of them if Miki's injury lingers or worsens, or if Mao can't get her act together. Strange world we live in....
    Kanako will have her chances - as will Akiko and Miki. One of them will secure a spot with a highest placement at the GPF.
    The other spot will be determined at Natls. Assuming Mao is safe no matter how she skates at Natls.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Too much hype over Ksenia - she is a pleasant skater - but her jumps would make it hard for her to make the Jr GPF let alone senior GPF.

Alena looks lost - typical Russian Ladies, no?
    Ksenia will most likely be passed by the Russian wonderbabies in a few years.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast