Ladies - Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside
Ashley's step sequence was awarded level 2. But on the other hand she was the only one in the top 3 to get level 4 for all her spins.

burntBREAD

Medalist
This is confusing the crap out of me.

1. Miki wins with only 5 triples.
2. Akiko lands 6 triples as well but, for whatever reason doesn't win.
3. Wagner finally stops two footing and hits 6 triples

I agree these three girls should be on the podium but not in this order. I thought that unless you were Yuna you couldn't get 120 in the FS with only 5 triples. Other than Mao I know of no other lady who can do that.

You have to look at the protocols, Miki backloaded 5 jumps in the bonus section, Akiko received one edge call and an underrotation, Ashley received an edge call and an underrotation also. Miki also gained lots of +GOE.
Well, there was Akiko at the Olympics last year who got 120 with 5 triples... (she got downgraded on her last salchow, so ended up with only 5 triples)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I agree these three girls should be on the podium but not in this order. I thought that unless you were Yuna you couldn't get 120 in the FS with only 5 triples. Other than Mao I know of no other lady who can do that.

This post answers your post:
Akiko's 3S was underrotated. Ashley's 3F and 3Lz were underrotated. Both Ashley and Akiko got e on their (f)lutzes.

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside

Akiko underrotated her salchow. And additionally singled the last jump in the intended 3F+2T+2L combination. And singled her 3lutz for which she got 0.60 point. And she had 4 jumpimg elements (including 1Lz) in the second part of the programme, while Miki had five.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Akiko got an edge call and her 3S was called as underrotated. She still deserved to win the competition, though. It was better than Miki and she had a lead after the SP anyway!

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

Dude, look at the protocols before saying stuff like that. You're completely glazing over under-rotations, edge calls, and second-half bonuses, not to mention the other 5 non-jump elements.

If judging were really a game of count-the-triples, why would we have an entire panel of judges. Please.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Akiko underrotated her salchow. And additionally singled the last jump in the intended 3F+2T+2L combination. And singled her 3(f)lutz for which she got 0.60 point. And she had 4 jumpimg elements (including 1Lz) in the second part of the programme, while Miki had five.

The 3F-2T-2Lo isn't her intended combo
That popped lutz was big in the final markings. That's where her 3Lz-2T-2Lo combo is supposed to go, and she didn't receive an "e" on that, so would have most likely received many more points from that alone

luvsasha

Final Flight
Czisny should sent thank-you flowers to both Ksenia and Alena for tanking so badly here. It increases her chances of advancing to the final signficantly.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Czisny should sent thank-you flowers to both Ksenia and Alena for tanking so badly here. It increases her chances of advancing to the final signficantly.

Also increases Mirai, Cynthia, and Kiira's chances too.

I think the judges were a little +GOE happy for Miki, there's no way that spiral deserves +2 GOE, and two judges gave it to her! Same with the spins, I can see a +1, but her spins weren't THAT good to deserve +2s

R.D.

Record Breaker

What does the GPF picture look like? I thought Czisny was in good shape if she podiumed, outside chance if she placed 4th.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ando showed guts today but man she doesn't have anything going for her besides her jumps. Just compare her footwork or general presence on the ice and Miki is lacking. But i guess as long as you land the jumps you get rewarded even for crappy cheorography and no transistions.

luvsasha

Final Flight
What does the GPF picture look like? I thought Czisny was in good shape if she podiumed, outside chance if she placed 4th.

Standings so far (i think):
Miki Ando 30
Carolina Kostner 26
Kanako Murakami 26
Akkiko Suzuki 26
Rachael Flatt 26

Alissa is in good shape if she makes it to the podium, but if Ksenia had gotten the silver here it would have put more pressure on Alissa to rank higher in France. Now, even if she is 4th, she will probably still make it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ando showed guts today but man she doesn't have anything going for her besides her jumps. Just compare her footwork or general presence on the ice and Miki is lacking. But i guess as long as you land the jumps you get rewarded even for crappy cheorography and no transistions.

Oh yeah? Tell that to Rachel Flatt...smh

krenseby

Final Flight

I am also wondering if Rachael Flatt has a good shot of going to the Grand Prix Final. I personally would like to see her there, but don't know what her chances are at this point.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Standings so far (i think):
Miki Ando 30
Carolina Kostner 26
Kanako Murakami 26
Akkiko Suzuki 26
Rachael Flatt 26

Alissa is in good shape if she makes it to the podium, but if Ksenia had gotten the silver here it would have put more pressure on Alissa to rank higher in France. Now, even if she is 4th, she will probably still make it.

Ah. What about the others mentioned though? Seems to me that out of all of them, Czisny is the only one with an actual win, which means that all she has to do in France is place top 4...and we look at the field and if bad Alyssa shows up, is that still feasible? Nagasu- she seems to be a strong SP skater, but it all depends on whether she lays another egg in the FS. Asada should win this one convincingly...at least on paper. Then you have outside shots like Korpi and Phaneuf, and I'd think they'd have to have great skates in order to make it.