Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

On the Ice
    Ashley's step sequence was awarded level 2. But on the other hand she was the only one in the top 3 to get level 4 for all her spins.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    This is confusing the crap out of me.

1. Miki wins with only 5 triples.
    2. Akiko lands 6 triples as well but, for whatever reason doesn't win.
    3. Wagner finally stops two footing and hits 6 triples

I agree these three girls should be on the podium but not in this order. I thought that unless you were Yuna you couldn't get 120 in the FS with only 5 triples. Other than Mao I know of no other lady who can do that.
    You have to look at the protocols, Miki backloaded 5 jumps in the bonus section, Akiko received one edge call and an underrotation, Ashley received an edge call and an underrotation also. Miki also gained lots of +GOE.
    Well, there was Akiko at the Olympics last year who got 120 with 5 triples... (she got downgraded on her last salchow, so ended up with only 5 triples)

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar

I agree these three girls should be on the podium but not in this order. I thought that unless you were Yuna you couldn't get 120 in the FS with only 5 triples. Other than Mao I know of no other lady who can do that.
    This post answers your post:
    Quote Originally Posted by flesymtuobayzarc View Post
    Akiko's 3S was underrotated. Ashley's 3F and 3Lz were underrotated. Both Ashley and Akiko got e on their (f)lutzes.

Custom Title
    Akiko's 3S was underrotated. Ashley's 3F and 3Lz were underrotated. Both Ashley and Akiko got e on their (f)lutzes.

Miki did not get a single negative GOE from any of the judges .
    Akiko didn't get an edge call on the lutz she popped! -_- Unlucky, haha.

On the Ice

Akiko underrotated her salchow. And additionally singled the last jump in the intended 3F+2T+2L combination. And singled her 3lutz for which she got 0.60 point. And she had 4 jumpimg elements (including 1Lz) in the second part of the programme, while Miki had five.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Akiko got an edge call and her 3S was called as underrotated. She still deserved to win the competition, though. It was better than Miki and she had a lead after the SP anyway!

Custom Title

Dude, look at the protocols before saying stuff like that. You're completely glazing over under-rotations, edge calls, and second-half bonuses, not to mention the other 5 non-jump elements.

If judging were really a game of count-the-triples, why would we have an entire panel of judges. Please.

Custom Title
    Akiko underrotated her salchow. And additionally singled the last jump in the intended 3F+2T+2L combination. And singled her 3(f)lutz for which she got 0.60 point. And she had 4 jumpimg elements (including 1Lz) in the second part of the programme, while Miki had five.
    The 3F-2T-2Lo isn't her intended combo
    That popped lutz was big in the final markings. That's where her 3Lz-2T-2Lo combo is supposed to go, and she didn't receive an "e" on that, so would have most likely received many more points from that alone

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Akiko didn't get an edge call on the lutz she popped! -_- Unlucky, haha.
    Interesting. Maybe she was trying to hold it on the outside edge and that's why she singled it?

Czisny should sent thank-you flowers to both Ksenia and Alena for tanking so badly here. It increases her chances of advancing to the final signficantly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsasha View Post
    Czisny should sent thank-you flowers to both Ksenia and Alena for tanking so badly here. It increases her chances of advancing to the final signficantly.
    Also increases Mirai, Cynthia, and Kiira's chances too.

I think the judges were a little +GOE happy for Miki, there's no way that spiral deserves +2 GOE, and two judges gave it to her! Same with the spins, I can see a +1, but her spins weren't THAT good to deserve +2s

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsasha View Post
    What does the GPF picture look like? I thought Czisny was in good shape if she podiumed, outside chance if she placed 4th.

Custom Title
    Ando showed guts today but man she doesn't have anything going for her besides her jumps. Just compare her footwork or general presence on the ice and Miki is lacking. But i guess as long as you land the jumps you get rewarded even for crappy cheorography and no transistions.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    What does the GPF picture look like? I thought Czisny was in good shape if she podiumed, outside chance if she placed 4th.
    Standings so far (i think):
    Miki Ando 30
    Carolina Kostner 26
    Kanako Murakami 26
    Akkiko Suzuki 26
    Rachael Flatt 26

Alissa is in good shape if she makes it to the podium, but if Ksenia had gotten the silver here it would have put more pressure on Alissa to rank higher in France. Now, even if she is 4th, she will probably still make it.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Ando showed guts today but man she doesn't have anything going for her besides her jumps. Just compare her footwork or general presence on the ice and Miki is lacking. But i guess as long as you land the jumps you get rewarded even for crappy cheorography and no transistions.
    Oh yeah? Tell that to Rachel Flatt...smh

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast