Ladies - Long Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

R.D.

Record Breaker
I mean, seriously, there is an adjustment period they will all have to go through. The physics change as you grow and fill out. It's something you deal with- and some handle it better than others- but it's hardly a "home wrecker" or "worst nightmare"...IT'S PART OF THE PROCESS

It's those who don't prepare for it, or don't think it will happen, that get hit the hardest.

mishieru07

On the Ice
It's also just a matter of time until their date with Mr. Puberty, everyone's ill favored home wrecker and every little girl's worst nightmare. :no:

There are so many good baby Russian girls. Ovcharova, Shelepen, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Agafonova, and even the younger ones like Lipnitskaya. The level of depth is astounding. The chances that someone will survive puberty is pretty high.

lavender

Record Breaker
This is why I was hoping at least 2 of the many russian babies will break through because I know some will fall to puberty.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Congrats to Miki for persevering despite injury & pain (ala Rachael Flatt at SA), and to the other medalists as well.

But truth be told I'm glad I didn't watch this one either, not a keeper, hopefully a better skated field at TEB. :)

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Mao only has one chance left. She needs to win TEB with convincing mark. At least close or better than Ando's score, which is reasonable. Then she has to win the national, and she can still do it, even if she pop a jump. Just no splats.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Maybe a little but, she does have 2 Lutzs, 1 loop, Salcow and Toe. Her skating is a little stiff, but all her jumps are clearly good and deserve +GOE. Having 2 real Lutz with no 'e'dge call or < is always a big bonus. Lutz is the highest marke in term of base value this season that will be attempted by ladies. She doesn't have a Flip but the flip value is only 0.2 higher that loop so its almost the same. And she did 5jumping pass after bonus time.

Only her spins/spiral is medicore. But all her jumps are clean so it might affect her non jumps elements and boost up the +GOE a little.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Athough i love Agafanova I m not sure about her technique, but Tuktamisheva, Sotnikova, have very good jumps, maybe Ovcharova as well but i havent seen her this year,and I m fond of Radionova and Lipnitskaya, and dont know why Deeva didnt get any gp, I m pretty sure some of them will be fine in seniors.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it was silverlake, our resident GS puberty expert ;) who said there are too many Russian babies for all of them to fall victim.
But you are right - and actually it will be fun to see how Russian Natls turn out. Their Men are a trainwreck but maybe the Russian-Jersey girl Ksenia can defend her title.

Ksenia Makarova is NOT a Russian-Jersey girl. She was born in St. Petersburg Russia and came to the US with her parents when she was very young. They live in Newburgh, NEW YORK, a town in Orange County on the west bank of the Hudson River.

Johnny Weir got to know Ksenia because they trained together.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Ksenia Makarova is NOT a Russian-Jersey girl. She was born in St. Petersburg Russia and came to the US with her parents when she was very young. They live in Newburgh, NEW YORK, a town in Orange County on the west bank of the Hudson River.

Johnny Weir got to know Ksenia because they trained together.

Yes, she trains in Jersey

Some of Miki's spins are excellent. Her camel spins are beautiful esp. in the current version where she follows them with the three illusion spins. I also love the new sit spin variation she's doing this season (her invention?) where instead of a "broken leg" her leg is held straight and high to the side. It looks exceptionally difficult and well done. This competition is hardly a good place to judge the spins that involve back-bending.

I was so impressed by her determination and consistency here, but it's a little scary to see her fighting what looks like serious back pain.

It would be so good to see her in choreography by someone other than Morozov. I've liked some of his work fine, but it seems he gives Miki the same program over and over to different music. He does not seem to be a musical choreographer, and that makes it hard to tell how musical Miki herself is.

She looks elegant in her black costumes this season. Unlike some posters, I like the wild touches on the SP costume (biker girl meets Chanel).

As far as the podium is concerned the skaters on those pedastills deserved their space.

But I'm wondering if Akiko and Ashley knocked off any hopeful Finalists?

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ If I understand right, I think Marakova and Leonova were in the running but their low placements here put them out of it.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
I'm pretty sure that Yukari Nakano did the commentary for the Japanese broadcast. A bit stiff and formal, but glad to see her involved in some capacity. :)

The clilps that I saw were on this user's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/fsvn01

Where is Yukari? I've watched Mirai's clip, but I could not find Yukari. I miss her, too.

If you suppose the women commentator is Yukari, it's not her. It's Shizuka Arakawa.