Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Free Program: 6:45 AM Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I turned off the music to watch Chan. It improves my experience of watching his skating immeasurably when I don't have to sputter and moan about his skating through his music.
    Yes - I feel the same way. Chan's IN reminds me of Kanako - he skates through the music. Never shows anything highlighting the music as it builds or changes - it lacks nuances - bigtime for such huge reputation skater.

Very fancy footwork with average spins, weak jumps, and medirocre IN.
    Tomas deserved the Gold.

Custom Title
    I basically think that Verner was the right winner but I wish he didn't win in the way that he did which I find unfortunate.

Custom Title
    I don't understand how anyone can say Verner didn't deserve it. He delivered and the others didn't. Where's the problem?

Medalist
    So happy for Tomas!! Is this his first gold on the Grand Prix series?

In contrast to his short program, I actually really enjoy Patrick's free program but that many falls ruins it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    More like he is so far beneath the skater he was. His regression is sad.
    His regression??? when was the last time you saw him competitng? 2007? I guess so because none who had seen tomas last year would call his performances at cup of russia regression!

You could've complained if chan landed the quad but he didn't an he's fallen 3 times...for me he was lucky to have made the secon score today...

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I basically think that Verner was the right winner but I wish he didn't win in the way that he did which I find unfortunate.
    Tomas is a very special skater. Many of us are so happy to see him bouncing back after last season. Screw the quad for now- Tomas is about soooooo much more than one jump. He has nice lines and posture and is just great to watch when he is not splatting all over the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Tomas is a very special skater. Many of us are so happy to see him bouncing back after last season. Screw the quad for now- Tomas is about soooooo much more than one jump. He has nice lines and posture and is just great to watch when he is not splatting all over the ice.
    Exactly.

Custom Title
    Looking at the protocols, Patrick had four combinations, so his 2A-3T were not counted. Otherwise, he would be the winner, even though he fell 3 times. This is just not right

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    for me he was lucky to have made the secon score today...
    Actually, according to the protocols he was unlucky. His 2A+3T was counted as a forth combination. If he didn't put 3T at the end, he would win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flesymtuobayzarc View Post
    Actually, according to the protocols he was unlucky. His 2A+3T was counted as a forth combination. If he didn't put 3T at the end, he would win.
    unlucky? it's not possible that a skater with three falls can win a competition IMO! not with the program that tomas delivered! it's not fear! patrick is so overscored and I cannot stand it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Looking at the protocols, Patrick had four combinations, so his 2A-3T were not counted. Otherwise, he would be the winner, even though he fell 3 times. This is just not right
    I thought I saw too many combos! But I wasn't sure of the exact rules.

I kind of was underwhelmed by Tomas... I'm really happy he's bouncing back because he's got so much talent and he's great to watch; but to me it really felt like his FS lasted aaaages. That's usually a sign of acute boredom. But a deserved winner, clearly, and I'm thrilled to see him in the final.

But oh shock... There might not be an American man in the final??? If Florent and Kozuka or Joubert deliver...

I'm so glad they didn't let Chan win with that!!

Not only would it be unfair, but the boards would have had to shut down from implosion.

I think Tomas was good. Maybe he didn't do a quad, but he was definitely better than at last year's Olympics.

Jeremy made me sad.

I wish Contesti had been able to pull up for a medal. When was the last time he won a GP medal, if ever?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Exactly. For now Tomas needs to focus on jump consistency and getting his confidence back, and he's doing just that. He said he still trains the 4t, but he also said he is building toward Euros and Worlds this season, so for now, that is not his focus. I give him major props for turning things around and think that if he can bring back the quad and give a little more signature Tomas performance quality come winter I think we could very well see him on the European AND World podiums (honestly he can probably medal at/win Europeans even without the quad if he keeps this up).

Plus to be honest, the old Tomas trend of landing the 4-3 and then popping most everything else was so frustrating. I much prefer him landing and rotating jumps, it shows good work ethic. Plus these clean/almost clean performances are boosting his PCS, I mean 78+ in the FS, that's pretty impressive!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    unlucky? it's not possible that a skater with three falls can win a competition IMO! not with the program that tomas delivered! it's not fear! patrick is so overscored and I cannot stand it!
    You're forgetting the fall in the SP. Chan would have won with 4 falls again. 8 total falls over 2 grand prixs and both would have won gold. This "sport" is sick now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flesymtuobayzarc View Post
    This is just ridiculous!!

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast