Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Free Program: 6:45 AM Eastern

Did anyone see Jeremy say in the K&C "Oh well, I got 3rd" when he was put in 2nd place before Chan even skated? I guess he's onto the fact that he can't beat Wonder Boy, no matter what Wonder Boy does

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Chan will most likely win GPF and Worlds with 4 falls too. I think I'll have to program my mind from now on to enjoy the performances and ignore the rotten, unfair results.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-20-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Nope, I call it as that Chan should've known better. If he's such a COP master, he should have known this, especially since a bunch of people have already made this mistake -- Oda did just LAST WEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Did anyone see Jeremy say in the K&C "Oh well, I got 3rd" when he was put in 2nd place before Chan even skated? I guess he's onto the fact that he can't beat Wonder Boy, no matter what Wonder Boy does
    Gee, what would ever give him THAT impression?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I don't like that Verner won at all. It is what I thought would happen when Lysacek won the Olympics. Skaters who can do quads not doing them anymore to win. He is so far beneath where he was in 2007 with his worlds free skate. Verner is blech now.
    . Verner has only been working with his new coach for a short while. He plans to attempt the quad later in the season because he's looking to peak at Euros and Worlds. Plus we saw how far doing quads got him last season . Plus he didn't leave the quad out to win, he skated BEFORE Abbott and Chan bombed, he realistically probably expected to come in 3rd overall. Plus if the quad isn't that consistent yet then why attempt it? He totally changed his training regimen and now does a lot more off ice and strength training, so his weight distribution has changed so the quad isn't as stable as it used to be. He may bring the quad as early as the GPF if he really wants to medal there.

Patrick, I would say, skated far more beautiful in his LP, and certainly in his SC. He may well be the finist skater in the whole of Figure Skating. That's an arguable statement but I am with him.

It would be important as a Tech skater to work on his jump landings.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Patrick, I would say, skated far more beautiful in his LP, and certainly in his SC. He may well be the finist skater in the whole of Figure Skating. That's an arguable statement but I am with him.

It would be important as a Tech skater to work on his jump landings.
    Yes, not falling four times at every event might be called a step in the right direction......

I dunno. Why fix what already works? He can win with 4 falls, so keep on falling . . . but remember to count your combos. Sorry Jeremy, but skating life isn't beautiful the way things are now.

Custom Title
    Verner is sure of the GPF (11+15, second in the standings for now)!
    Chan too (15+13), just if anyone doubted , while Abbott is still not certain (13+11, and he'll have to look for anyone among Kozuka/Mroz/Amodio).

So, GPF will be Takahashi, Chan, Verner, Oda and two out of Kozuka/Abbott/Mroz/Amodio, right?

Ah, and Joubert and Reynolds are still there too!! But they both has to be at least second place in Paris, if my maths still work...
    Last edited by kiz_4Ever; 11-20-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: EDIT: I forgot Joubert and Reynolds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I turned off the music to watch Chan. It improves my experience of watching his skating immeasurably when I don't have to sputter and moan about his skating through his music.
    Perhaps you should turn up the music. He is actually skating to all of the little nuances in the music. Would you prefer that he stood still to pick up all of the musical highlights. He is the only skater besides some of the Japanese that do not stand and pose so they can get up enough energy to go and telegraph the next jump.

nevermind.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-20-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Custom Title
    I saw the last flight skate. I would say the podium was very close. But then, I'm one of those fans who think skating is more than jumping. When a skater falls, deduct what you need to deduct, then move on. If falling X times disqualifies a skater from winning, then make that a rule.
    In any case, I'm glad for Tomas. ( I have to remember not to write "Thomas". )

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Joubert can pass Jeremy too. I did these calculations on my blog just now:

He is currently 5th in the standings, and there are five men who can pass him in Paris:

Takahiko Kozuka: Need only top four.

Brandon Mroz: Must top two, or win bronze with a score of 218.61 or higher.

Florent Amodio: Must win gold, or silver with a score of 221.63 or higher.

Brian Joubert & Kevin Reynolds: Must win. Obviously they can't both win, so reduced number of men who can pass Jeremy to four.

Kozuka will likely pass Jeremy. So basically if any of the other guys hit their mark, Jeremy's out. Mroz probaby has a better chance of winning silver, than gold, and same with Amodio. So the best thing that can happen for Jeremy is that Brian Joubert wins silver, which is very possible(Reynolds could win silver too, but that's less likely.) Behind Kozuka, with Amodio winning bronze, and he's in. Not an unlikely outcome. But there are many outcomes that are equally likely, most involving Joubert winning, or in fact anyone other than Kozuka winning. In laws of probability, I suspect the odds are against him, but...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Joubert still has a shot if he can win in France.
    yes, sorry, I edited the post..I had forgot him :(

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast