2 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA
150.85 7 2
3 Britney SIMPSON / Nathan MILLER USA
145.78 6 3
4 Tatiana NOVIK / Mikhail KUZNETSOV RUS
136.85 8 4

gold12345

Medalist
I kind of like Lawrence/Swiegers music and program. They skated pretty decently except for an aborted lift and the problems on the 2A-2A sequence (he singled, then they both had problems with the second one). She needs more stretch on the lifts, but they are enjoyable to watch.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I kind of like Lawrence/Swiegers music and program. They skated pretty decently except for the aborted lift and the problems on the 2A-2A sequence.

Paige looked disappointed with their score (about 2 pts below their season's best), but I thought it was pretty good.

fairly4

Medalist
decent score for evora ladwig --it is a good score despite their mistakes
proud of them

fairly4

Medalist
gerboldt and her partner has a bright future ahead of them, if they can keep up among the russian pairs which is usually a tough field.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
E&L skate so beautifully, even if they have technical problems sometimes. Unfortunately, it's not the mens competition, so I don't think they can win with a fall.

fairly4

Medalist
takashi/tran has a great future for them ahead in pairs, too bad about the fall-it seem to have thrown the girl off kilter a bit for the rest of the skate.
it was a bad fall-i felt for her

burntBREAD

Medalist
I don't get the scoring for T/T at all.

They have good transitions and good PCS overall, deservedly

Their tech might not be as hard, but I think they get lots of +GOE, especially on the spins and lifts. We'll have to see the protocols. I really like them though, too bad they can't go to the Olympics!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I much prefer Gerboldt and Enbert to Bazarova/Larionov and Iliuschechkina/Maisuradze.. and even Kavaguti and Smirnov actually

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They have good transitions and good PCS overall, deservedly

Their tech might not be as hard, but I think they get lots of +GOE, especially on the spins and lifts. We'll have to see the protocols. I really like them though, too bad they can't go to the Olympics!

Because Mervin isn't a Japanese citizen? Couldn't he get citizenship in time?

That said, I bet E/L lost some points too. That D/S did not do them any favors. And I think T/T have some great positions and transitions too.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like the top 4 pairs at this event. Glad to see it has turned out to be a good competition so far. :)

burntBREAD

Medalist
Because Mervin isn't a Japanese citizen? Couldn't he get citizenship in time?

That said, I bet E/L lost some points too. That D/S did not do them any favors. And I think T/T have some great positions and transitions too.

It's almost impossible to get Japanese citizenship unless you are basically a Japanese person. And you can't do dual citizenship with Japan past 18 years old, I do remember an article though that said that T/T were already over it, that Takahashi wanted to win several World titles instead :laugh:...she's really precocious, just look at her after their SP, so small yet so fiery

fairly4

Medalist
kavaguti/smirnov-great skate despite the hiccups,
i showed enjoyed the program. nice, flowing, drew you in. it should get a great score and that program put a stamp on ending of the pairs. what a way to end it.
they won- no doubt about it. all it is the score they will get for that beautiful program.