Improv Ice - Anyone Watching???? | Golden Skate

Improv Ice - Anyone Watching????

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good cast of skaters. Can't wait to see what Sasha comes up with.

I love it too. I'm in and out so can't watch every minute of it, but I'm so happy to see the parts I'm watching. And it's fun to see the competitors a bit more relaxed. I suspect that this is one thing that makes skating a community. Who'd want to meet only in a pressure-cooker competitive environment?

Rochette did a lovely song, by the way.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How'd you like that one, Dee? (Sasha's second performance.) :love: :love: :love:
I liked it very much...I don't know if it's me or what but Sasha's jumps looked high and very secure.

heyang

Record Breaker
Of the 1st 50 minutes, I liked Ryan Bradley the least - too much guesturing at the viewers and not enough skating.

....and I want to see Alyssa skate - not Foreigner perform. Directors - teh show is called Improv-Ice, not Foreigner concert.

I think there is a contractual obligation to give the band a certain number of minutes of face time.

Sasha was a professional among amateurs. :rock: Yeah, she did two perfect triple Salchows in her second number.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Jeremy's first number was cool - the boy can dance!

Kind of a fun relaxed show - perfect to chill to after harrowing Men's event from Russia.

Is it my imagination - or does Alissa keep getting prettier each season :love:

janetfan

Match Penalty
^ She does! Although her first costume, tutu over black leggings, was a little ???

I've never seen Alissa skate Live or in that many shows on TV so I enjoyed seeing her relaxed and smiling out there.

Funny moment - when Kristi kidded Sasha about needing to be more flexible.......and voila, Sasha's skate is behind her ear and then Kristi's reaction.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Funny moment - when Kristi kidded Sasha about needing to be more flexible.......and voila, Sasha's skate is behind her ear and then Kristi's reaction.
I thought that was funny too. She does it so effortless, I would probably be in the hospital after a move like that and probably would never be the same again. :laugh: :laugh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I thought that was funny too. She does it so effortless, I would probably be in the hospital after a move like that and probably would never be the same again. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

At least you would make it to the hospital ;)

RD - believe it or not - Improv came on right after NBC's two hours of coverage of the COR.

Lot's of skating on TV today - and they announced a whole bunch of shows that will be airing later this Fall and Winter :yay:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I had to step out for the day...I set the DVR to record the Russia coverage, which I just finished importing but then I looked at my Twitter feed and saw some skaters (Joannie, Rachel) mentioning Improv-Ice...thought that was odd, but then I came here and saw this thread.

Was it shown in HD?

krenseby

Final Flight
:laugh: :laugh:

At least you would make it to the hospital ;)

RD - believe it or not - Improv came on right after NBC's two hours of coverage of the COR.

Lot's of skating on TV today - and they announced a whole bunch of shows that will be airing later this Fall and Winter :yay:

I missed it, but I would like to watch it. Are there online videos somewhere?