Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TEB Short Dance Virtual Program and Preview: Fri. Nov.26 2:30PM EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Riazanova/Tkachenko outscored Bobrova/Soloviev by .01. But they did it with higher PCS. Whoa.
    Riazanova / Tkacenko have one of the most beautiful SD this season. I like it the most as well among the russian teams. However, they don't have a similar strong FD.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yes, that's how I see it. Their Mexico program has no Mexico in it at all and yet their SD is exquisite.

I just watched the US sports coverage of the SD on TV.

Tracy says Carron & Jones only got level 1 for their midline step, which explains why they are lower here than at Skate Canada.

Cannuscio and Lorello made the US sports coverage on TV and you can really see on the big screen why they scored so much better here at TEB than they did in China. They learned a lot in 3 weeks

There's a team that might benefit from leaving Delaware and going to one of the Detroit coaches.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I really liked Canuscio & Lorello. At CoC, I liked them ,but I thought they'd be ones to watch for next year.. WoW! That was quick.

I didn't have time to bum around on YouTube today ,and their WSS FD from CoC doesn't leap out of my memory..still , neither did their SD before today, so I'm really looking forward to their skate tomorrow. To quote Isabella in the KnC , " Holy Moly!" and "Geez , Louise! "... (Gotta love 'em.)

completely agree about R/T..I love the SD.. Their FD...hmmmm. As doris says ,it lacks Mexico..A bit more colour in their costumes would help , but there's no real "andale!" in their choreography. I like them lots ,though.

Custom Title
    I really like R/T more than B/S, theyr should be #1 Russian team, IMO. Hopefully they can learn quick in two weeks, pull their FD score over 10 points like the other team. I love their edges, love the way they move, particularly him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    I really like R/T more than B/S, theyr should be #1 Russian team, IMO. Hopefully they can learn quick in two weeks, pull their FD score over 10 points like the other team. I love their edges, love the way they move, particularly him.
    I don't see this happening. They trailed B/S in the last few years, I don't see why it would be different this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN 22nd in ISU World Standings
    SD Ten Minutes Ago by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein;
    SD 6th in the SD at Cup of China (48.10)

They are still in the really bad outfits
    might be fitted a little better and some fabric taken out of the kirt? she has a little tiara
    I know I've said it before but their costumes fit the movie the music is from.

Very likely.
    But when you get put on Nick Verreos's worst dressed list, you should consider retailoring the dress, no matter whether it matches the movie, IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I don't see this happening. They trailed B/S in the last few years, I don't see why it would be different this year.
    I thought they just teamed up, this is their 2nd year together?

Custom Title
    Yes. Riazanova skated with Jonathan Guerreiro prior to teaming with Tkachenko. They won bronze in world juniors in 2009 (Their FD). I have to admit that I was disappointed they split up, but they both seem to be doing well (he's still skating junior, with Ekaterina Pushkash.

Custom Title
    I read in a Russian forum that the coach of Riazanova/Tkachenko had chosen a Baroque theme for their FD, but it did not pleased TAT and she "advised" him to change music and theme. SO, I think he did not have enough time to create a better FD.

I like R/T more than B/S and their SD is really beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Very likely.
    But when you get put on Nick Verreos's worst dressed list, you should consider retailoring the dress, no matter whether it matches the movie, IMO.
    I guess I just don't see it as a bad costuming, maybe because I enjoyed the made for tv remake of a made for tv movie...

Toni, It's the part where the dress makes the girl look bulky and in odd proportion. (source: Verreos)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2