Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Men - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26, 10:50 am EST

Custom Title
    Gorgeous routine by Amodio of France! His jumps are effortless and come out of nowhere ~ opened with a gorgeous 3A, then followed up by an equally gorgeous 3L/3T, and I think the last one was a 3F. Looooooooooooved the footwork with the music, except he had a slight bobble but recovered well, just incorporated it into the music. He reminds me of Phillipe Candeloro, and even though his line wasn't too good like Amodio, Phillipe ended up being a 2-time Olympic Bronze Medalist. Loud applause from the audience, right on!

ps: watch out, Brian!

Custom Title
    75.62, new SB for Florent.

Custom Title
    Kevin seemed awfully nervous to me, I had a feeling he would miss a jump, but at least he went for it. Now expectations are high & Kev has to learn to deal with them, which I'm sure he will.

Opened with a nice 4/3 combo. & followed it up with an equally nice 3A, but fell on the last quad. Still his spins are Fab, especially his stretched out camel spin. Good job, Kevin, good job. Looking forward to seeing your LP!

Custom Title
    Missed most of Kevin Reynold's SP, but he fell on his last jump (which was definitely not a quad)

Custom Title
    Nice skate from Brandon. I think he did a 4 / 3.

Custom Title
    Is it just me, or does Brandon M. seem kind of slow? He could definitely use some power in his skating.

Custom Title
    Brandon Mroz always seems to make little mistakes/bobbles here & there. Opened with a beauty of a quad, then there seemed to be some hesistation before he added the nervous 3T. Same thing with the 3A, afterwards he caught he edge reminiscent of Mao at the 2010 Olympics.

Still he comes in 2nd place thus far.

Custom Title
    72.46 for Brandon M.
    New SB
    Second place

Meh.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Wonky landing on his quad, otherwise fine. Brandon Mroz gets 72.46 (40.53/31.93) for his effort.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Is it just me, or does Brandon M. seem kind of slow? He could definitely use some power in his skating.
    Not just you. Thought he was quite slow myself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    It's the Tom Z skater epidemic...

Custom Title
    I thought Mroz was judged very generously. He was exceedingly dull. I would have had Chafik ahead of him, and Liebers with higher PCS.

Custom Title
    I really loved Kozuka's routine! Was so caught up into it that I almost forgot the jumps, though I recall he completed them all, but did land forward on his 3A. What I don't understand is why he doesn't do a quad in the SP? I always hear reports that he does them in practice; wish he would do them on the ice as well.

Still, this FAB routine should put him into 1st place imho.

Custom Title
    Mroz IS slower in real life than the rest of the field.

Custom Title
    Good skate from Kozuka.

He can definitely work on his IN and PE, but his SS really stands out, especially after Mroz.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast